CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL For August 15, 2019 : Topic – LASTING BLESSING
Click to read yesterday and previous days of CAC Living Water Daily Devotionals here
CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL
Thursday, August 15, 2019
Read Genesis 14:18-24
An inheritance gained hastily at the beginning will not be blessed at the end (Proverbs 20:21)
It is a pity today, as so many people ask for the blessings of Abraham, yet can’t do one quarter of what he did. Abraham did quite a number of things before God finally blessed him. His blessings were lasting ones because it sourced out from the God of lasting and true blessing, unlike blessings that set as the sun, wane as the moon, or stop as the rain.
How did he do it and what did he do?
1. He was sure of receiving blessing from God: Abraham understood that God would definitely bless him. So he was not ready to grab man-made or self-made riches *…lest you should say, I have made Abraham rich (v. 23b)*
2. He was bent on glorifying God alone with whatever he had: Many who are wealthy today know that the devil is the source of their wealth. Like Abraham, every true child of God would not want anything that is not from God.
3. The third thing is that he endured. Between when he rejected the offer and when he was eventually blessed, Abraham exercised patience. Patience is a big factor in becoming blessed of God. You cannot pester God to do what He would not do. Whatever He does is at His own pace. Therefore, He that would enjoy lasting blessing would have to wait patiently for God’s blessing.
4. Abraham did not stop being a tither: As he was expecting and waiting. He was equally tithing.
Lastly, Abraham was diligent. An inheritance gained hastily at the beginning will not be blessed at the end. His diligence made him to gain God’s lasting blessing. He wasn’t ready for quick means to be rich because such would not be a blessing at the end. Jesus is the true source of lasting blessing. Stay glued to Him today and become blessed forever.
1. Lord, don’t let me lose focus of You at any point and for any reason.
2. Lord, deliver brethren who are suffering from “hurry-hurry syndrome”. Bring them back to their senses and let them see the importance of waiting on you.
3. Lord, give our people the grace to cleave to You, the Source of lasting blessings.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 33:22 – 36:12; Romans 8:1 – 8:22