LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR AUGUST 21, 2019 : TOPIC – YOUR DRESS: YOUR ADDRESS
THE LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Wednesday, August 21, 2019
TOPIC – YOUR DRESS: YOUR ADDRESS
Read Exodus 2:14-20
14. And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known.
15. Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelt in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well.
16. Now the priest of Midian had seven daughters: and they came and drew water, and filled the troughs to water their father’s flock.
17. And the shepherds came and drove them away: but Moses stood up and helped them, and watered their flock.
18. And when they came to Reuel their father, he said, How is it that ye are come so soon to day?
19. And they said, An Egyptian delivered us out of the hand of the shepherds, and also drew water enough for us, and watered the flock.
20. And he said unto his daughters, And where is he? why is it that ye have left the man? call him, that he may eat bread.
MEMORISE: Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonour to him? (1 Corinthians 11:14)
Any dressing or adornment that makes you compromise God’s standard of holiness must be destroyed. Many women spend hours painting their faces, making their hair, sitting before the mirror to see how they look, but they cannot even spend a quarter of that time looking at the perfect Law of Liberty – the Bible (James 1:25,26), to see how they look before God and correct their lives. You may put on the best designer and the world will applaud you, whereas you are completely naked before God and all of heaven will shame you. The choice is yours, as you are addressed the way you dress.
Although, it is good to be well dressed, yet God is more concerned about your internal adornment. It is commonly said that the way you dress is how you will be addressed. If a pastor’s wife dresses like a prostitute, the men who see her may want to sleep with her, or even rape her. Some women have attracted rapists to themselves through indecent dressing. If a woman dresses decently and honourably, men who see her will treat her with respect. In the world, this is also true. If you dress like the world, the world will think you are one of them and do to you what they do to their kind. If you say you are not of the world, what are you doing wearing their kind of clothes?
When Moses a Hebrew and potential deliverer, went on exile in Midian, he was taken and addressed as an Egyptian, because he wore Egyptian clothes. How are you dressed today? If you do not want men to treat you like a whore, do not dress like one. Dress well and let God’s name be glorified through your dressing.
1. Lord, open our hearts to the dressing that will give honour to Your name.
2. Father, give Your vessels the grace to demonstrate the right attitude toward indecent dressing amidst congregants in a way that would humbly correct those erring, that we all can give You holy worship.
3. Pray that God should raise people, Christians and non-Christians, in our higher institutions, who would fight indecent dressing among our youths to a standstill.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 56:11 – 62:1; Romans 12:4 – 13:4
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE