LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR OCTOBER 7, 2019 : TOPIC – IRREPLACEABLE SPOUSE
THE LIVING WATER CAC
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Monday, October 7, 2019
– World Habitat Day
TOPIC: IRREPLACEABLE SPOUSE
Read Matthew 19:1-12
1. And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;
2. And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.
3. The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4. And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5. And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6. Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7. They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8. He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
9. And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
10. His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
11. But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
12. For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother’s womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
MEMORISE: I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. (Matthew 10:16)
It is the World Habitat Day today. Habitat itself is a synonym of ‘home’. Let us talk about what relates to the Christian home. The rate of divorce among Christians in this generation is alarming. No thanks to ministers who no longer believe in, or preach the sanctity of the marriage covenant. If the church remains silent, separation and divorce in marriage will keep increasing. A man of God once said, “I didn’t divorce her, we just separated till she would learn her lesson.” And he was saying that after about four years of separating with the wife.
Unless spouses go back to the foundation and begin to see marriage with the eyes of God (cf. Mal. 2:16). Even after the fall, they did not separate from each other anyhow. Why? Adam had seen his wife as an irreplaceable part of his body. When he looked around, he only saw animals like monkey that resemble human being. None of them could offer him what Eve would offer, because of man’s unique creation. It would have been more dangerous to remarry an animal in exchange for his wife. The woman also had the same understanding. Understanding and patience are needed in every God-given home. The husband should see his wife as the irreplaceable part of his life. The same goes with the wife. In as much as you are married to your spouse, see other people around you as incompatible.
In addition, it is better for single brothers and sisters not to rush into marriage, but follow divine leading. Be guided and guarded by godly parents and mentors. You know why? Once you are married, your spouse is irreplaceable! That is God’s unchangeable verdict (Matt. 19:6).
1. Thank God for your home, because Satan has failed over your family.
2. We call for peace and harmony over every separated and scattered home, in the name of Jesus.
3. Let us pray for the single brothers and sisters, that the Lord should help them to make the right choices in marriage.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Isaiah 3:20 – 7:7; Ephesians 4:11 – 4:32
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE