October 14, 2019 LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE : TOPIC – BE OUTSTANDING
THE LIVING WATER CAC
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Monday, October 14, 2019
TOPIC – BE OUTSTANDING
Read Genesis 10:7-12
7. And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtechah: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
8. And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
9. He was a mighty hunter before the Lord: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the Lord.
10. And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
11. Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah,
12. And Resen between Nineveh and Calah: the same is a great city.
MEMORISE: He was a mighty hunter before the Lord; therefore it is said, “Like Nimrod the mighty hunter before the Lord” (Genesis 10:9)
It is the will of God for His children to be outstanding and prosperous in whatever they set to do. 3 John 2 attests to this: ‘Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers’. Nothing brings glory and honour to God than to see you succeeding in all your God-given endeavours. The implication of this is that you are not cut out for failure. Mediocre and pushovers are not among God’s own children.
Nimrod was a mighty hunter. The adjective “mighty” implies that he was not an ordinary hunter. God recognised that he was mighty as a hunter. There were hunters, but Nimrod was a mighty one among them. May you be outstanding, in Jesus’ name. It is not God’s will for you to perform less than required. You are set up as a peak performer. The spirit of excellence is stirred in you as a child of God, the day you say, ‘yes’ to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree. You can’t stand out in this world of darkness, if you aren’t radiating God’s light (Matt. 5:13,14).
God wants to approve of you as His own child. We all envy what God did for Daniel, the three Hebrews, and other Bible characters. But little do we put into consideration their heroic standings for God in the face of faith-quaking challenges. Prove that you are outstanding through your right standing with God, even in this corrupt generation.
1. Lord, I will continue to manifest and demonstrate Your glory and might; let me be emboldened by Your Spirit of grace, excellence and power.
2. Spirit of excellence, fall on me, now, in Jesus’ name.
3. Every power that is hampering believers from manifesting God’s glory and power, be destroyed, in Jesus’ name.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Isaiah 28:4 – 30:13; Philippians 3:16 – 4:16
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE