October 27, 2019 LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE : TOPIC – ARE YOU WHERE YOU CAN HEAR GOD?
THE LIVING WATER CAC
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Sunday, October 27, 2019
– World Day for Audiovisual Heritage
TOPIC – ARE YOU WHERE YOU CAN HEAR GOD?
Read Jeremiah 18:1-4
1. The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying,
2. Arise, and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
3. Then I went down to the potter’s house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
4. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
MEMORISE: Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words (Jeremiah 18:2)
That you are not tuned to the best of the radio stations in your area, right now, doesn’t mean there isn’t anyone broadcasting. Radio stations broadcast every time, but only those who tune to any of these partake of their offers. The same applies to what happen between God and His people as to receiving from Him. God speaks at all times, but how many people hear Him?
The Psalmist claims, ‘God has spoken once, twice I have heard this: That power belongs to God’ (Psa. 62:11). What a great sensitivity! God spoke once, only for the Psalmist to hear and hear, for ‘faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God’ (Rom. 10:17). However, to be able to hear God speak, and hear from the right angle, one needs to be positioned rightly. This is the case with Jeremiah. God had something specific and spectacular to pass across to him and His people. He thus asked Jeremiah to relocate from where he was to the potter’s house. Why? That was where he would hear God at that particular time.
Until you relocate to your God-expected location, you can’t receive your God-programme allocation. If you don’t relocate to where God wants you, you can not hear Him, and by extension, you cannot hear well. There is always a proper direction for good reception, in any case. He ordered Moses to meet Him with the elders on the mountain (Exod. 19:1ff). Christ told His disciples to wait for Him in Jerusalem for the Holy Spirit and Power (Lk. 24:49).
Do you regularly look for quiet places and times to hear God speak to you in His Word and prayer? This is how to wait on Him (Isa. 40:31).
1. Lord, help me to be positioned in the right places to hear from You at all times.
2. Lord, I want to be in Your presence all the times. Help me to be sensitive to Your moves.
3. Lord, restore the ‘Tarry Meetings’ that You gave to us through the founding fathers/mothers of our great Mission, Christ Apostolic Church.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Jeremiah 2:22 – 4:22; 1 Timothy 1:9 – 3:4
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE