October 28, 2019 LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE : TOPIC – CAGE, OR COVENANT?
THE LIVING WATER CAC
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Monday, October 28, 2019
TOPIC – CAGE, OR COVENANT?
Read Genesis 17:1-8
1. And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
2. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
3. And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
4. As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
5. Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6. And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7. And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
8. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
MEMORISE: And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly (Genesis 17:2)
God calls us into a close relationship that does not give room for intrusion, or interruptions. God demands our total attention. He wants us to totally focus on, and trust Him. We are so dear to Him that He calls us “dear children” (Eph. 5:1). Jesus Christ calls us “friends” (Jn. 15:15). We are children of God. We entered into covenant with Him the day we gave our lives, hearts, souls and spirits to Him. As a result, He entered into everlasting covenant with us. The conditions of this covenant are written in His Word – the Holy Bible. We are therefore expected to follow this covenant, and live according to the rules thereof.
Today, many people consider the conditions of the covenant of God as a ‘cage’ that they try to free themselves from. The rules of God are never cages, but covenant of peace and holiness. One of the evidences that we love God is that, His commandments are not grievous to us (John 15:14; 1 John 5:3). God told Abraham, ‘I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless’ (Gen. 17:1). If anyone claims to be a child of God and is full of blames (condemnation), he cannot give glory to God in the midst of unbelievers. Christians are not people who live with blames, or full of blames at homes, places of work, in the church, on the streets, etc.
It is a deceit of Satan to consider the Word and will of God as cage for you. You are not inside any cage, but under the covenant of God. If God indeed is your heavenly Father, He has brought you under His covenant, and not inside a cage. You are not saved to be immoral and full of blames, but to be blameless in Christ Jesus.
1. In the mighty name of Jesus, Satan will not cage me with his deceits.
2. Jesus Christ, I enter into the realm of fulfilment of Your covenant over my life, now.
3. Father, cause Your children in all nations to know Your covenant for them and their nations, in Jesus’ name.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Jeremiah 4:23 – 6:23; 1 Timothy 3:5 – 4:9
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE