October 30, 2019 LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE : TOPIC – ARE YOU READY?
THE LIVING WATER CAC
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
TOPIC – ARE YOU READY?
Read Matthew 24:42-44
42. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
MEMORISE: But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up (2 Peter 3:10)
A husband once put a call through to his wife: Husband: My dear, how are you? Wife: I’m fine, dear. Are you on your way home? Husband: No, there are still lots of work in the office. So I don’t think I’m coming soon. Wife: Alright, dear. Take care and don’t take too long.
(In less than 5 minutes, the husband’s car horn blared at the gate). The wife started running up and down to tidy up the sitting room, wash the dirty dishes in the kitchen, clean up the bathroom and tidy up the bedroom, because the husband loved to see everywhere tidy and neat, and this was not the case at the moment.
Brethren, do you know that the wife would not have had to run up and down, if she had kept the house tidy in good time? She was disturbed that the present look of the house would make her husband angry and displeased. This husband is likened to Jesus Christ. His second coming will be like a thief in the night: He will come unannounced, at a time no one can imagine.
Will He meet the house tidy and ready, or will you be running helter-skelter at His coming? He wants to reward only servants who are faithful. Had we been privy to the time of His coming, many would have continued in sin, only to quickly seek re-dress, when the day would draw close. At His coming, there won’t be chance to put off the filthy garments of sin. Within the twinkling of an eye, all the saints will be taken up, and those left behind will be eternally doomed. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, now, lest you will have to make do with His wrath when He returns (Jn. 3:36).
1. Father, please grant me the grace to offload the loads of sin that will disqualify me from partaking in the rapture.
2. Father, help me to tidy up my heart, mind, life, home and ministry for Your sudden coming, in Jesus’ name.
3. Lord, help Your Church to tidy up for Your sudden coming, more than ever before, in Jesus’ name.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Jeremiah 9:1 – 11:12; 1 Timothy 5:15 – 6:10
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE