RCCG TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON EIGHT (08) FOR SUNDAY 20TH OF OCTOBER, 2019 ; TOPIC – LIVE IN GLORY
RCCG TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL
LESSON EIGHT (08)
SUNDAY 20TH OF OCTOBER, 2019
TOPIC: LIVE IN GLORY
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
BIBLE TEXT: 2 Chronicles 9:13-24
13. Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred and threescore and six talents of gold;
14. Beside that which chapmen and merchants brought. And all the kings of Arabia and governors of the country brought gold and silver to Solomon.
15. And king Solomon made two hundred targets of beaten gold: six hundred shekels of beaten gold went to one target.
16. And three hundred shields made he of beaten gold: three hundred shekels of gold went to one shield. And the king put them in the house of the forest of Lebanon.
17. Moreover the king made a great throne of ivory, and overlaid it with pure gold.
18. And there were six steps to the throne, with a footstool of gold, which were fastened to the throne, and stays on each side of the sitting place, and two lions standing by the stays:
19. And twelve lions stood there on the one side and on the other upon the six steps. There was not the like made in any kingdom.
20. And all the drinking vessels of king Solomon were of gold, and all the vessels of the house of the forest of Lebanon were of pure gold: none were of silver; it was not any thing accounted of in the days of Solomon.
21. For the king’s ships went to Tarshish with the servants of Huram: every three years once came the ships of Tarshish bringing gold, and silver, ivory, and apes, and peacocks.
22. And king Solomon passed all the kings of the earth in riches and wisdom.
23. And all the kings of the earth sought the presence of Solomon, to hear his wisdom, that God had put in his heart.
24. And they brought every man his present, vessels of silver, and vessels of gold, and raiment, harness, and spices, horses, and mules, a rate year by year.
MEMORY VERSE: 2 Chronicles 9:22 And king Solomon passed all the kings of the earth in riches and wisdom.
LESSON AIM: To let the teens know that you must please God to live in glory.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Live to please the Lord and you will live in glory.
INTRODUCTION: Solomon is a good example of someone that lived in glory. He was well favoured and blessed. The description of how glorious he was can be found in our text today. 2 Chron. 9:13-24. But we must remember that Solomon did something that made God bless him. Let us read 1 Kings 3:4-5
A. A person can be said to live in glory when he is blessed all round. Spiritually, financially, physically, materially and academically.
Read these scriptures and write what you think
1. 1 Kings 4:29………………………….
2. 2 Chronicles 9:22…………………………
3. Daniel 1:4…………………………
B. A Christian that wants to live in glory must:
1. Bear the fruit of the Spirit. Gal. 5:22. What are these fruits and how well are you doing bearing them. John 15:8.
2. Never look back. Like 9:52; Isaiah 50:7.
3. Stay connected to His source. John 15:4-5; Debut 32:15.
4. Keep busy working for the Lord.
5. To the extraordinary, like Solomon did when he offered a thousand offerings unto the Lord.
6. Walk to please God. Col. 1:10
7. Be content. Being contented is acknowledging God’s sovereignty.
DISCUSSION: How glorious was Solomon? Discuss
INVITATION/APPLICATION: Many of us will look at the life of Solomon and desire his riches and wealth of wisdom. It can be yours too. Pray that God will fill you with wisdom.
CONCLUSION: The reason we live is to glorify God in our lives. The life we live on earth and the life we will live after must bring glory to God.
DEVOTION FOR THE WEEK
SUNDAY: Matthew 7:1-6 – Judge Not
MONDAY: Isaiah 58:1-5 – True religion
TUESDAY: Isaiah 8:19-22 – Serve a Living God
WEDNESDAY: Jeremiah 3:6-15 – Call to Repentance
THURSDAY: Isaiah 44:6-8 – No other God
FRIDAY:Revelation 1:7-20 – vision of Christ.