November 1, 2019 LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE : TOPIC – WORD FOR THE WORSHIPPERS
THE LIVING WATER CAC
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Friday, November 1, 2019
TOPIC – WORD FOR THE WORSHIPPERS
Read Jeremiah 7:1-12
1. The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying,
2. Stand in the gate of the Lord’s house, and proclaim there this word, and say, Hear the word of the Lord, all ye of Judah, that enter in at these gates to worship the Lord.
3. Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.
4. Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the Lord, The temple of the Lord, The temple of the Lord, are these.
5. For if ye throughly amend your ways and your doings; if ye throughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbour;
6. If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:
7. Then will I cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers, for ever and ever.
8. Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit.
9. Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not;
10. And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?
11. Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the Lord.
12. But go ye now unto my place which was in Shiloh, where I set my name at the first, and see what I did to it for the wickedness of my people Israel.
MEMORISE: Stand in the gate of the Lord’s house, and proclaim there this word, and say, ‘Hear the word of the Lord, all you of Judah who enter in at these gates to worship the Lord!’ (Jeremiah 7:2)
One major fact of evangelism is to proclaim the gospel to the unbelievers. Preaching to other Christians on their way to the church or coming back from church can be seen as waste of time or laziness on the part of the preacher who is ashamed or afraid to preach to the non-Christians. The Lord is not satisfied with the ways of the people in the world.
The shocking news from our today’s passage is that, God wants to stabilise His Church first. What is going on in the church today ought not to be heard among unbelievers (1 Cor. 5:1). The Lord did not send Jeremiah to unbelievers, rather, he told him to go to the entrance of the temple and speak His words to those who claim to be God’s worshippers.
The same message is coming to us, today, as worshippers of God. To amend our ways before God, not to execute false judgement, not to oppress strangers, the fatherless and the widow, not to shed innocent blood, or follow other gods, as it is the practice of so many, so-called Christians, today. Some of our spiritual leaders are not helping matters. They lie (v. 8). That increases stealing, murder, adultery, strife, unfaithfulness, etc.
Dear readers, have our churches not turned to dens of robbers and the homes of other abominations? It is high time we amended our ways.
1. O Lord our God, please revisit our Church with great and lasting revival.
2. Lord Almighty, purge and purify our land of all ungodliness.
3. Help all our leaders, O Lord, to represent You well, in such a time as this.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Jeremiah 14:9 – 17:7; 2 Timothy 1:11 – 2:13
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE