November 11, 2019 LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE : TOPIC – TASTELESS SALT
THE LIVING WATER CAC
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Monday, November 11, 2019
TOPIC – TASTELESS SALT
Read Luke 14:34-35
34. Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
35. It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
MEMORISE: You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavour, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men (Matthew 5:13)
One of the characteristics of salt is that it stays the progress of corruption. You do not think of salting life but death, to keep it from rotting. The antiseptic power of salt destroys the agents of decay in dying things. Society needs salt to stay the corruption that is destroying it. This is Christ’s verdict on the society of His time, and is true of our society, today. As Christians, we are called upon to be good salt, checking the evil that would otherwise infect the air of the world and breed diseases in young and healthy lives.
Salt must be good before it can be effective. As long as it is good and wholesome, it will fulfil its mission. Any believer who is indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and of faith, has to be present in a place to expunge the evil. That is what will gladden the heart of God concerning us. He has left us here, so that we can turn around the world for good. Our world is daily becoming bitter and decaying, but we are the salt to make a difference and rescue it.
But this isn’t the case because many believers have lost their tastefulness. Men and women, young and old used to run to the church for spiritual enlightenment. People used to go to the church to look for graduates in relevant fields and sensitive parts of their companies. Can we say the same for present-day salt? Salt is good, but if it loses its savour, of what use is it again?
1. Lord, in any way I have lost my savour as salt, restore me, today, in Jesus’ name.
2. Lord, re-visit Your Church and restore her to her original position in You, in the land.
3. Pray for retirees and pensioners, that God should help them to get their dues (gratuities and pensions, as the case may be), as and when due.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Jeremiah 39:9 – 42:19; Hebrews 4:16 – 6:6
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE