November 11, 2019 Open Heaven Daily Devotional : Topic – The Glorious Generation
Topic – The Glorious Generation
Memorise: “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:” – 1 Peter 2:9
Read: Psalm 24:3-6, Hebrews 3:7-12 (KJV)
Psalm 24:3-6:3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob.
7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Bible in One Year: Job 5-8, Joel 2:1-17
Although God created man with glory and grandeur, this glory left him after sin entered his life. Thereafter, man became a shadow of his former self, because not only did God’s glory depart from his life, he was also sent packing from the garden of glory that used to be his home (Genesis 3:22-24). In the midst of this calamity, God devised a plan to redeem the destiny of mankind by raising a glorious generation to Himself from amongst men. However, this generation could only come to be through the righteousness of God, because a glorious generation is that generation that fears the Lord and walks in His righteousness. Describing the qualities of this generation, Psalm 24:4 says:
“He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.”
In other words, the glorious generation is that generation of people who walk in purity of heart, the works of whose hands are clean. The words of whose lips are pure and the souls of whom and sold-out-to God. We therefore deceive ourselves if we call ourselves the glorious generation but our character calls into question the holiness of God we claim to represent.
Children of God in this generation must endeavour not to be like the Israelites who were liberated from bondage in Egypt with the destiny of a glorious generation but ended up grieving the heart of God. It is sobering to read God’s description of that generation in Hebrews 3:10, saying;
“Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.”
Unfortunately, this generation that was supposed to enter into God’s rest in a land flowing with milk and honey ended up perishing in the wilderness. This should serve as a great lesson to us today. Today’s memory verse declares that God has destined us to be a glorious generation. Nevertheless, we have to live a life that reflects we are indeed a glorious generation, through purity of heart, our manner of speech, the integrity of our works and a soul that is soul-out to God in love. Even though we live in a perverse world, we can still stand out as God’s shining standard. Beloved, remember that gold is brought out of dirt, so choose to be among the glorious generation that worships God in spirit and in truth, even in the midst of this crooked generation.
Father, please grant me grace to represent Your glorious generation in all spheres of life in Jesus’ Name.
Scroll down for RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER POINTS
Hymn 4: Take My Life
- Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.
- Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
- Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
- Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
- Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
- Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER MONDAY 11TH NOVEMBER
DAY 11: MINISTERS AND MISSIONARIES
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 3:9
- Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me. Bless His Holy name. Psa 103: 1
- Thank God for a new day and for the salvation of your soul
- Let us bless the name of the Lord. Truly; it has been of the LORD’S mercies that we were not consumed, because his compassions* has not failed us. Lam 3:22 Psa 34:1
- Father; we thank you for the exemplary lives of our ministers and church workers in Jesus name.
- Lord, give your ministers the three(3 )fold Spirit of Power, Love and of a sound mind in the process of serving you , in Jesus name, 2 Tim 1:7
- Father, let every ungodly power sitting in the position of authority in your church be exposed, disgraced and be expel, in Jesus name, Psa 64:9, Psa 67:7, Psa 89:7, Prov 2:5
- Father let every satanic altars erected against your church and ministers be demolished by the power of the Holy Spirit in Jesus name. 1king 13:5
- Father; let the lives of your ministers and workers receive more grace to be a living sacrifice unto you forever, Rom 12:1
- Father; release everything your ministers and church workers need to succeed in their assignment in Jesus name.
- Father; take away sickness, diseases and infirmities from your ministers and church workers in Jesus name.
- Father; please, let your words “your Minister flame of fire”, come to reality and be more evident in our time in Jesus name, Heb 1:7
- Father; empower your ministers by the Holy Spirit so that they can run away from carnality, overcome temptations in the discharge of their duties and responsibilities in Jesus name.
- Father arise, encourage and heal wounds all the discouraged, cheated, forgotten, wounded and restore backsliding Ministers and church workers to continue the race in Jesus name, 1Sam 30:1-18
Open Heaven 11 November 2019 Monday Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC. Open Heaven 11 November 2019 Monday Daily Devotional.