November 20, 2019 CAC Living Water Devotional :- PARENTS: SAFEGUARD YOUR CHILDREN
THE LIVING WATER CAC
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
– Universal Children’s Day
TOPIC: PARENTS: SAFEGUARD YOUR CHILDREN
Read Exodus 2:1-10
1. And there went a man of the house of Levi, and took to wife a daughter of Levi.
2. And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months.
3. And when she could not longer hide him, she took for him an ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child therein; and she laid it in the flags by the river’s brink.
4. And his sister stood afar off, to wit what would be done to him.
5. And the daughter of Pharaoh came down to wash herself at the river; and her maidens walked along by the river’s side; and when she saw the ark among the flags, she sent her maid to fetch it.
6. And when she had opened it, she saw the child: and, behold, the babe wept. And she had compassion on him, and said, This is one of the Hebrews’ children.
7. Then said his sister to Pharaoh’s daughter, Shall I go and call to thee a nurse of the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for thee?
8. And Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, Go. And the maid went and called the child’s mother.
9. And Pharaoh’s daughter said unto her, Take this child away, and nurse it for me, and I will give thee thy wages. And the women took the child, and nursed it.
10. And the child grew, and she brought him unto Pharaoh’s daughter, and he became her son. And she called his name Moses: and she said, Because I drew him out of the water.
MEMORISE: When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt (Matthew 2:14)
There is no doubt about it that children are heritage from the Lord. It is by His divine arrangement that each child, comes to this world. The bottom line here is that, God has destiny for every child born into this world (cf. Jer. 1:4-5). It is even by His divine arrangement each child comes to this world through particular parents. God makes each set of parents arrival points for their different children. For the fact that God has plan and purpose for these children, does not overrule the divinely expected roles of the parents.
God caused your children (His own heritage; Psa. 127:3ff) to come through you for specific purposes. The main purpose is for you to safeguard them from the evil of this world in the different stages and ages of their lives, and also help them discover their destinies in life.
Many parents fail woefully to play their parental roles over their children by thinking that God owns them and He alone can care for them, not needing the parents’ inputs. The roles Moses’ parents played to safeguard his life from the hands of Pharaoh, is what God expects of all parents, today. Imagine what could have happened to the little baby Jesus, if His earthly parents failed to follow divine instruction to safeguard His life from the hands of the wicked and jealous King Herod (Matt. 2:13-21).
The plan of Satan is to downturn the plans and purposes of God regarding the lives of those little ones. Your role as a parent is to protect, prepare and provide for them, until they become responsible.
1. Lord, strengthen all parents to be like Moses’ and Jesus’ parents in protecting the lives of their children from danger around them.
2. Lord, help all parents not to fail You in caring for their children.
3. I pray: my life would not be a disappointment to God and my generation, in Jesus’ name.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Ezekiel 2:7 – 5:15; Hebrews 12:7 – 12:27
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE