November 26. 2019 Open Heaven Devotional :- Your Days Are Fixed
Topic: Your Days Are Fixed
Memorise: “So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” – Psalm 90:12
Read: Isaiah 40:6-8 (KJV)
6 The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:
7 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.
8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
Bible in One Year: Psalm 32-35, Jonah 4
Whether you believe it or not, there is a price tag of time divinely placed on each day we spend on earth. It is therefore imperative for everyone, especially children of God, to cooperate with God in order to extract the maximum value possible from each day. We can only achieve this if we continuously assess the value placed on every passing moment of our lives. For this reason, Moses prayed in today’s memory verse that the only wise God should teach us to enumerate and evaluate our days on earth, so that we may wisely make the best use of every opportunity we have in the course of living out our single lifespan on earth.
“1 Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble. 2 He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.” – Job 14:1-2
Reading the scripture through the lens of today’s memory verse should teach us some vital lessons. The wisdom of God in these verses teaches us that we have a fixed number of days to live on earth, and those days are few, in the overall context of what God is doing in the universe. Every one of us must therefore place great value on each day we live, so that when the time comes to give account of what we did with our lives, it will not be said that we wasted it. Life is not like football game that can be replayed; we only have one shot at it. The Holy Spirit puts us on notice as this reality, saying in Hebrews 9:27:
“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”
The fact that God likens our lives to grasses and flowers which wither after a short while should serve as a wake-up call to us that we have a running stopwatch set against all our activities here on earth. You will therefore be wise to pay attention to the words of Hebrews 13:14:
“For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.”
Those who are building “towers of Babel” in order to create a name for themselves should be pitied, because they fail to recognize that we don’t have an abiding place of abode here on earth. Whether they like it or not, they will die someday. There is a Yoruba adage which says, “how many years will you spend on earth to justify making yourself a coat of iron?” The wisdom behind this adage is that a coat of iron will outlive you, and its style might even go out of fashion before you die! Beloved, let us learn to number our days and add value to our lives by serving the Lord in spirit and truth. Lastly, Ecclesiastes 12:13 says:
“Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.”
Father, please help me to continually asses my life, and help me to place great value on every passing moment of my time, to the glory of Your Name.
Scroll down for RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER POINTS
Hymn 4: Take My Life
1 Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.
2 Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3 Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4 Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
5 Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6 Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER TUESDAY 26TH NOVEMBER
DAY 26: GLOBAL INSURGENCES
TEXT: Psalms 42:1-2
According to prophesy that came early in the year, we are all witnesses to the increasing wave of violence, kidnapping, killings, unrest and troubles in many nations. These are the pestilence and destructions involving lives of those that concern us. These are plot against the Church; let us pray them out of our nation and territories.
- Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me. Bless His Holy name. Psa 103: 1
- Thank God for a new day and for the salvation of your soul
- Thank God for His goodness and mercy over your life and family members,
- Father, we thank you for as many that were delivered from the activities of these evil men, according to your word that we will only hear of them but never a victim. Psa 91:5-7
- We cover ourselves, members, families, etc. in the blood of Jesus.
- O Lord, strive with them that strive with us, let the evil doers begging to fall into their own traps in Jesus name. Psa 35:1-6
- Father, arise against their sponsors and their backers; destroy the sources of their incomes in Jesus name.
- Father; Release the wasters to destroy the power and the networks of all violence and blood thirsty agents of darkness in our nations in Jesus name. Isa 54:16
- Father; let no weapon fashioned against any of your children to prosper in Jesus name. Isa 54:17.
- Father, Arise, let their ways be slippery and let the angels of the Lord persecute them in Jesus name. Psa 35:6
- Father cause us to laugh at the fall of these insurgences and terrorist groups and do not let us to be afraid of them in Jesus name. Job 5:22
- Father, redeem us from deaths in famine and war, in Jesus name. Job 5:20
- Father, let the captives of the mighty be set free and the let those in the camp of insurgences be delivered in Jesus name. Isa 49:25
Open Heaven 26 November 2019 Tuesday Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC. Open Heaven 26 November 2019 Tuesday Daily Devotional.