November 27, 2019 CAC Living Water Devotional :- DON’T READ ONE AND NEGLECT OTHERS
THE LIVING WATER CAC
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Wednesday, November 27, 2019
TOPIC: DON’T READ ONE AND NEGLECT OTHERS
Read Joshua 8:30-35
30. Then Joshua built an altar unto the Lord God of Israel in mount Ebal,
31. As Moses the servant of the Lord commanded the children of Israel, as it is written in the book of the law of Moses, an altar of whole stones, over which no man hath lift up any iron: and they offered thereon burnt offerings unto the Lord, and sacrificed peace offerings.
32. And he wrote there upon the stones a copy of the law of Moses, which he wrote in the presence of the children of Israel.
33. And all Israel, and their elders, and officers, and their judges, stood on this side the ark and on that side before the priests the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, as well the stranger, as he that was born among them; half of them over against mount Gerizim, and half of them over against mount Ebal; as Moses the servant of the Lord had commanded before, that they should bless the people of Israel.
34. And afterward he read all the words of the law, the blessings and cursings, according to all that is written in the book of the law.
35. There was not a word of all that Moses commanded, which Joshua read not before all the congregation of Israel, with the women, and the little ones, and the strangers that were conversant among them.
MEMORISE: And afterward he read all the words of the law, the blessings and the cursings, according to all that is written in the Book of the Law (Joshua 8:34)
The way many Christians are handling the Bible have really showed high level of spiritual immaturity. They select portions of the Scriptures they want to read while regarding others as no-go areas, most especially because, they feel such areas contain curses.
Joshua followed the instructions given by Moses in the passage we are considering today. He read both the blessings and the curses. The part he read is in Deuteronomy chapters 27 and 28. It is obvious that many Christians only read chapter 28:1-14, and the question arises, “What becomes of chapter 27 of Deuteronomy as well as the verses 15 to the end of chapter 28?”
Many people mark their favourite passages that speak of blessings and other good things. Isn’t it possible for one to keep reading the blessings while remaining cursed? God is not man who makes mistakes, and He is never unjust in His judgment.
Leaders of God’s people should be like Joshua who would not downplay any portion of the Bible. They should not speak what their members want, but what they need to hear. This would prevent them from becoming victims of premarital/extramarital sex, drug addiction/pushing, divorce, lies, stealing, cultism, smoking, hooliganism, ritual killings, and other forms of evils. Stop reading only some selected parts of the Scripture.
1. Lord God Almighty, I thank You for Your Word that is with us.
2. Lord, help me never to neglect, or downplay any section of the Bible.
3. Pray that the Lord should restore wholesome love for His Word in our homes and churches, in the name of Jesus.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Eze. 20:45 – 22:26; Jam. 5:12 – 5:20; 1 Pet. 1:1 – 1:12
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE