November 28, 2019 Open Heaven Devotional : The Good News
Topic: The Good News
Memorise: “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” – Revelation 21:4
Read: Luke 2:10-11 (KJV)
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Bible in One Year: Psalm 40-44, Micah 2
Ideally everyone loves to have good things and hear good news. Indeed, speaking on the impact of good news, the Holy Spirit says in Proverbs 25:25:
“As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.”
I pray that good news will come your way this season in Jesus’ Name. Beloved, I want to clearly inform you today that the Almighty God is the fountain of good news in the person of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. The bad news of curses, sorrow and limitation came to mankind through the devil’s introduction of sin (Genesis 3:16-24). However, God turned this bad news around when He sent His angels to proclaim the arrival of Good News on earth (Luke 2:10-11). Upon this Good News rests all other news we can describe as good today. Let us consider the character of the good news brought by the angels to mankind. First of all, the angels said “Fear not”. When you consider what fear has caused in the lives of people down through ages, you will appreciate the good news that man has no reason to live in fear anymore. People have lost their minds and done several abominable things as a result of fear. The fear of death has led some to join secret societies and dabble into witchcraft- things which are abominations before the Lord (Deuteronomy 18:10-12, Proverbs 29:25). As a result of the angel’s proclamation, Paul was able to write in 2 Timothy 1:7:
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
Another thing to note from the angel’s message is that the good news brings great joy to all people. In other words, any news that does not bring joy is not of God. Also, any message that claims to be the good news must be for all people. This can only come from the God of the entire world. So, the good news of the Son of the living God is not for any single race, tribe or class of people only; rather, it is for all people in all races and from generation to generation.
Now, what is good news? It is the fact that the Saviour has been born, and He has paid the price of redeeming us from the consequences of the bad news that sin represents. For those who have accepted Him as their personal Lord and Saviour, the eternal punishment meant for the human race has been wiped away by His sacrifice. This is why we have that assurance in today’s memory verse that on the last day, God shall wipe away tears from our eyes, and we will no longer experience death, sorrow or pain. This is the source of our joy and hope. Anyone who accepts this message of the good news as true and also accepts Jesus Christ, who is the Good News, as Lord and Saviour will partake of this joy and hope. Have you done this?
How well have you fared in propagating the message of the good news this year?
Scroll down for RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER POINTS
Hymn 15: Must I Go And Empty Handed
1 “Must I go, and empty-handed,”
Thus my dear Redeemer meet?
Not one day of service give Him,
Lay no trophy at His feet?
“Must I go, and empty-handed?”
Must I meet my Savior so?
Not one soul with which to greet Him,
Must I empty-handed go?
2 Not at death I shrink or falter,
For my Savior saves me now;
But to meet Him empty-handed,
Thought of that now clouds my brow.
3 Oh, the years in sinning wasted,
Could I but recall them now,
I would give them to my Savior,
To His will I’d gladly bow.
4 Oh, ye saints, arouse, be earnest,
Up and work while yet ’tis day;
Ere the night of death o’ertake thee,
Strive for souls while still you may.
RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER THURSDAY 28TH NOVEMBER
DAY 28: PRAYER 2019 LETS GO A FISHING
TEXT: Mark 16:15, Mat 4:19
- Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me. Bless His Holy name. Psa 103: 1
- Thank God for a new day and for the salvation of your soul
- Thank God for His goodness and mercy over your life and family members,
- Let us give all the glory to God for the reality of the power of resurrection in RCCG mission. Matt. 28:1-4.
- Let us thank God for using let’s Go A Fishing program to populate His kingdom. Acts. 2:37-47.
- Father; give more strengths and anointing for your son Daddy G O as he takes the lead in the programme. Deut.33:25
- Father; empower all the Pastors, Ministers and Church workers, use them mightily in this year “let’s go a fishing”. Josh.14:11; 1Chron.29:12; Josh. 14:9.
- Let us pray for divine visitation during the coming lets go a fishing all over the world. Psa.111:9; Ps.113:9-10; Gen.49:25.
- Let us pray for unprecedented harvest of soul during programme in all locations. Acts 2:41
- Let us pray for power of revival in our lets go a fishing programme to come up with enthusiasm as in the early days when it first stated. Psa 110:3
- Father: renew our zeal; give us labourers, committed workers, who are willing to sacrifice by giving themselves wholly for the work of soul winning. Psa 110:3
- Pray that the soul harvested during the programme will be followed up, discipled and remain
- Father; grant us needed provisions and financial resources for the programme in Jesus name
- Father; give us those fishes carrying the resources and potentials that will take away our reproach into our net in our programme this year. Matt 17:27
- Father; deliver into our net fishes carrying the money for the gospel in Jesus name. Matt 17:27
Open Heaven 28 November 2019 Thursday Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.