November 5, 2019 LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE : TOPIC – COMMAND A GREAT CALM
THE LIVING WATER CAC
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
– World Tsunami Awareness Day
TOPIC – COMMAND A GREAT CALM
Read Matthew 8:23-27
23. And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.
24. And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.
25. And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.
26. And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
27. But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!
MEMORISE: But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm (Matthew 8:26)
There are people who have attempted suicide because of bitter situations they found themselves. Millions of people globally have become depressed, for the atmosphere is not friendly to them. But, is cutting the head the solution to headache? Reactions of many disciples of Christ, today, are similar to that of the early disciples, when they were inside the boat with the Master. When the storm suddenly arose on the sea and the boat was covered with the waves, the disciples became worried and dejected. They had to wake up their Master who was asleep, thinking that they were going to perish altogether. When the Master woke up, the first thing He did was to rebuke them for being fearful. Then, He rebuked the storm, bringing great calm. A message like this is relevant on a day that awareness is being made regarding Tsunami and how to curb it in countries being affected.
When Jesus was present inside the boat with His disciples, the wind blew and the storm arose. That Jesus is in your life, family, and all your affairs does not mean that storms of life won’t arise. But the assurance you have is that, any boat (life, family, business, or whatever) Jesus steps in, can never capsize. Another lesson to learn is that when the wind blows and storm arises against your life, do not entertain fear; exercise faith to command them to stop. This is what the early disciples should have done. As Jesus did, always learn to command calm to the situations of your life, in Jesus’ name.
1. You wind, blowing, and storm, rising against my life, I rebuke you, in Jesus’ name.
2. Lord Jesus, let there be a great calm in all the affairs of my life like never before, in Jesus’ name.
3. Pray that God should come to the aid of the Tsunami-prone areas of the world, and stop such bitter occurrences.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Jeremiah 25:20 – 27:20; Titus 1:12 – 3:1
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE