RCCG TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL FOR NOVEMBER 3, 2019 : TOPIC – THE GLORY OF THE LATTER END
RCCG TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL
LESSON TEN (10)
SUNDAY 3RD OF NOVEMBER, 2019
TOPIC – THE GLORY OF THE LATTER END
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
BIBLE TEXT: Job 42:12-17
12. So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.
13. He had also seven sons and three daughters.
14. And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Keren-happuch.
15. And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.
16. After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons’ sons, even four generations.
17. So Job died, being old and full of days.
The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.
MEMORY VERSE: Haggai 2:9 The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.
LESSON AIM: To teach the teens that the glory of the latter end is better than the beginning.
*CENTRAL TRUTH: Do not give up, your miracle is just around the corner.
INTRODUCTION: The bible says in the look of Ecclesiastes 3:1 that there is a time of r everything under the sun, a time to be born and a time to die. This indicates that in life of man, there is a beginning and an end. Today, we want to look at “The glory of the latter end.”
What does “latter” mean? It means near to the end of a thing. So, the glory of the latter end simply means the honour or beauty that comes towards the end of a thing.
In thus study we look at the glory of the latter end in 2 parts
1. The glory on earth
2. The glory in heaven
A. The Glory on Earth:
1. Job Job 42:12-17
2. Joseph From the pit to the prison and then to the palace
3. Pastor E.A. Adeboye from a poor life in ifewara to Hugh p
laces in the world.
4. David tending to his father’s sheep in the bush to the throne of the King of Israel.
5. Jesus Christ Phil. 2:8-11
Let’s ask ourselves this question. What made these men to have glorious ends?
1. Absolute trust in God. Job 13:15; Job 14:14
2. Fear of God. Gen. 39:9
3. Love of God. 1 Sam. 13:14; Acts 13:22.
4. Passion for soul winning
Dearly beloved, if you will do all that has been highlighted above, the glory of your latter end shall surely be greater than the beginning.
B. The Glory in Heaven:
If our hope is limited to this world alone, then we are of all men most miserable. 1 Cor. 15:9. Beloved, there is a glory awaiting us in heaven. It is specially prepared by our heavenly father for those who will run their race successfully on earth and make it to heaven. 1 Cor. 2:9. For we shall reign with Him forever and ever. Let us be like Jesus, who for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising the shame and is now sitting at the right hand of the throne of God. Heb. 12:2
DISCUSSION: Discuss Rev. 21:9-22
INVITATION/APPLICATION: It is only For that can make the end of a man to be glorious, not by power or might. Start a relationship with Him today.
CONCLUSION: In conclusion, this glory we have been talking about has timing. It is not gotten from the beginning but comes at the latter end. This means that we must patiently work towards it. If there to be a glory, there must be first be a story. Never attempt to take shortcuts in anything you do. Many want to make it quick; they want to enter into their glory earlier than God has in plan for them and such people have ruined their lives. Let us be very careful. Our ultimate goal is to make heaven.
DEVOTION FOR THE WEEK
SUNDAY: Ecclesiastes 1:1-10 Vanity of Life
MONDAY: Ecclesiastes 12:1-8 – Seek God Early in Life
TUESDAY: Psalm 17:1-5 – Pray with Confidence
WEDNESDAY: Proverbs 3:1-6 – Guidance for the young
THURSDAY: 2 Thessalonians 3:6-15 – Don’t be idle
FRIDAY: 1 Timothy 2:1-7 – Pray For All
SATURDAY: Philemon 1:17-25 – Be Obedient