December 11, 2019 CAC Living Water Devotional :- POWER TO POSSESS
LIVING WATER🌊 CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
📆 Wednesday, December 11, 2019 – International Mountain Day
POWER TO POSSESS
READ: Joshua 14:6-14
Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite to this day, because he wholly followed the Lord God of Israel (Joshua 14:14)
Today’s Living Water dose is sequel to yesterday’s, which talks about the need to claim your inheritance, and how Caleb sought to possess and eventually possessed his God-given inheritance, including mountain areas. This is relevant on the occasion of this year’s International Mountain Day.
Powerlessness is a curse, and sometimes self-imposed, because of the right steps one refuses to take, or is ignorant of taking. It is not that easy to grab good things in life. Progress, fulfilment, success, achievement, advancement, and all positive things one can wish, or desire in life is seldom achieved, so easily. This is why ‘pursuit’ is very much relevant in making success.
The lesson today is that no one who successfully and wholly follows God can lose out. Caleb succeeded in taking Hebron as his inheritance because he followed God, wholly. He was one of the twelve who spied Canaan, and one of the two who believed that God had given the land to Israel, and as such, they could possess it.
Caleb is an example of how God is faithful and good to those who are faithful to Him in all circumstances. For staying true and faithful to God, here are some of the good things that happened to Caleb:
1. He survived the wilderness, while others perished;
2. He entered the promised land. Today, many people don’t get the fulfilment of such promises in their lives, because of not being faithful to God;
3. God gave him health and strength; and
4. Joshua permitted him to claim what belonged to him.
You cannot follow God wholly and be barren. Impossible!
1. Make it possible for me to seek and follow You with wholehearted devotion, O Lord, in Jesus’ name.
2. I trust You Lord, to accord me the reward of staying true and committed to You.
3. Lord, help the church to continually demonstrate Your power to the world around.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Daniel 3:15 – 5:10; 3 John 1:2 – 1:14; Jude 1:1 – 1:8