December 23, 2019 CAC Living Water Devotional ;- GOD CLOSED THE DOOR ON SABBATH
THE LIVING WATER
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Monday, December 23, 2019
TOPIC: GOD CLOSED THE DOOR ON SABBATH
Read Exodus 16:16-30
16. This is the thing which the Lord hath commanded, Gather of it every man according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents.
17. And the children of Israel did so, and gathered, some more, some less.
18. And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating.
19. And Moses said, Let no man leave of it till the morning.
20. Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them.
21. And they gathered it every morning, every man according to his eating: and when the sun waxed hot, it melted.
22. And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses.
23. And he said unto them, This is that which the Lord hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the Lord: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.
24. And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.
25. And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the Lord: to day ye shall not find it in the field.
26. Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.
27. And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none.
28. And the Lord said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?
29. See, for that the Lord hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.
30. So the people rested on the seventh day.
MEMORISE: See! For the Lord has given you the Sabbath; therefore He gives you on the sixth day bread for two days. Let every man remain in his place; let no man go out of his place on the seventh day (Exodus 16:29)
Everything needed on Sabbath day has been released by God during the week. Men are only adamant to God’s instruction (CAC GHB 59). God, in His agenda, wants man to rest, rest on the Sabbath day, to serve God; not just to rest doing the week and neglect Him on the Sabbath day.
It is understandable that some professionals have to be on duty on some Sabbath that they are not off duty. Professionals like security agents, medical practitioners, etc. are / can be sometimes compelled by the nature of their services to be on duty on Sundays. This is understandable because they can also choose to make such situations service unto the Lord (cf. Col. 3:23). But should that happen to you who own your business? Oh! You mean Sunday is a working day in your office too, so you can get extra pay?
We are in a generation that many Christians don’t regard the Day of the Lord. For your information, God closes the door of provisions on Sabbath day. ‘Now it happened that some of the people went out on the seventh day to gather, BUT THEY FOUND NONE’ (Exo. 16:27). God had closed the door of heaven for that day, because He expects His people to be in His presence that day. Now, it is known as THE DAY OF THE LORD.
The Lord Almighty expects quality worship and fellowship from His children on The Day of The Lord. Can you recall all your efforts on The Day of The Lord with the additional pays? What was it outcome? It is just an empty toiling because it is against God’s will. When do you want to start honouring God on His Sabbath rest agenda? Repent today, and change totally (Exo. 20:8-11).
1. Pray that thy Lord should have mercy on you for not honouring His commandment.
2. Father, I refuse to lose my blessing, encounter, opportunity to praise and fellowship with you in Jesus’ name.
3. Father, I refuse to toil on the day you have closed your heaven for divine provision in Jesus’ name.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:
Jon. 4:10 – 4:11; Mic 1:1 – 5:7; Rev. 13:4 – 14:6
Author: CAC WORLDWIDE