December 30, 2019 Mountain Of Fire :- Break The Evil Pattern
TOPIC: Break The Evil Pattern
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Zechariah 13-14; Revelation 21
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Genesis 27:18-22
MEMORY VERSE: “And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross.” – Matthew 27:32
There was distinct racial strain between Jews and Samaritans (John 4:9). They did not frequently interact with one another; and in some cases, outright hostility and hatred existed. But Jesus, early in His ministry, taught the Samaritans the truth of God. He ministered to the “Samaritan woman” and to the people of Samaria. Jesus is our best example in all things. The woman did not expect to find favour and help from a Jew. She got more help than she ever expected from Jesus. The parable of Jesus in our Fire Scripture reveals that there has been racial discrimination from time immemorial. Jesus came to provide solution to the problems of mankind. Through Him, all forms of prejudice and segregation were destroyed and removed.
The man who was attacked by thieves was a Jew. He was assaulted, wounded and left half dead. He needed help. There were probably more Jews than Samaritans around, and one would have expected that the man would get help quickly from one of the Jews. His expected source of assistance was from a fellow Jew, but the man got an unpleasant surprise. A priest passed by the road, saw the half-dead man and just passed by, offering no help. One would have thought that a religious and God-fearing personality like the priest would be the man’s source of help, but the priest could not be bothered. After this, a Levite came along, but he only looked at the wounded and half-dead man and also passed, making no effort to rescue the victim of attack by thieves. After this, a Samaritan passed by the place, saw the man and had compassion on him. He put his love and compassion for the man into action. He poured oil and wine on the wound and bandaged it. He then put the man on his donkey and took him to an inn where he paid for the man to be given treatment and care, promising to pay whatever more he needed to pay when returning from his trip.
In this story often called the Parable of the Good Samaritan, the source of assistance was not a kinsman or fellow citizen of Israel, but a despised Samaritan. We are reminded that one of the great tragedies of prejudice is that it may separate one from a potential source of assistance. The compassion of the Samaritan was all the more commendable in that the person he assisted, under normal circumstances probably would not have spoken to him. Christ has come to break down such division.
Beloved, Jesus is our best example. Be an imitator of Jesus. Say no to racial discrimination, ethnicity, tribalism and all other kinds of prejudice and segregation. God does not discriminate between the Jews and the Gentiles. He has broken down the walls of partition and anyone (Jew or Gentile) who believes in Him and obeys Him will enjoy His blessings. Jesus Christ is an epitome of love and unity. He desires the oneness of people of all races and prays for the oneness of His followers and unity in His body (the Church). Be Christ’s ambassador for love, peace and unity. The man in the story got help from a source he originally detested. God can use anyone as your destiny helper.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
YOU WILL DEMONSTRATE CHRIST’S LOVE AND BE QUALIFIED TO BE CALLED HIS TRUE FOLLOWER.
1 My Father, send destiny helpers into my life from expected and unexpected quarters, in the name of Jesus.
2 I receive the grace to identify and locate my destiny helper, in the name of Jesus.
3 Powers pushing my destiny helpers away from me, die, in the name of Jesus.
4 Father, give me the compassion of the Good Samaritan, in the name of Jesus.
5 Lord, give me the grace to care for the needy, in the name of Jesus.
6 I reject the spirit of prejudice and segregation in the body of Christ, in the name of Jesus.
7 Father, let all Christians the world over dwell together in unity, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
I Pray Your Way Into 2020
Day 7 – December 30, 2019
TOPIC: CONNECTING TO THE GOD OF WONDERS
Scripture Reading: Exodus 14
Confession: Exodus 15:11
- My Father, l thank You for turning my darkness into light, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, I thank You for turning my wilderness into pools of water, in Jesus‘.
- Any evil meeting summoned against my destiny, receive confusion, in Jesus’ name.
- O God, arise and let the speed of my progress be increased, in the name of Jesus.
- Death, sorrow and premature death shall not know my habitation, in Jesus‘ name.
- Every citadel of failure surrounding my destiny, be pulled down, in the name of Jesus.
- By the power in the blood of Jesus, l declare that my year of jubilee and rejoicing has come, in the name of Jesus.
- Gang-up in the heavenlies against my life, scatter unto desolation, in Jesus’ name.
- O God, arise and make me a mysterious wonder, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power that is against my existence, die after the order of Haman, in the name of Jesus.
- Every instrument of bewitchment, hired against me, backﬁre, in the name of Jesus.
- I reject the table of the enemy for my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power assigned to frustrate good things out of my life, fall down and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Year 2020, you shall be the beginning of great years for me, in the name of Jesus.
Now make these confessions out loud
- He will make my wilderness a pool of water and my dry land shall spring forth water in overflowing abundance, in the name of Jesus.
- Every dry bone in my life shall He raise with the fullness of His eternal, abundant life, in the name of Jesus.
- It is written that thou shall be blessed above all people; there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle. And the Lord will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee: but will lay them upon all them that hate thee. I claim these for my existence, in the name of Jesus.
- It is written: “Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the ﬂocks of thy sheep.” These shall be my portion, in the name of Jesus.
- And the Lord shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the Lord swore unto thy fathers to give them. I claim these, in the name of Jesus.
- l reject unfruitfulness, in the name of Jesus.
- The word of God has come forth over me. It shall accomplish its purpose in my life, in the name of Jesus.