July 29, 2020 CAC Living Water Daily Devotional Guide :- Connect To Collect
Wednesday, July 29, 2020.
CONNECT TO COLLECT.
Read John 15:1-8.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
MEMORISE: Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me (John 15:4)
The ability for an electric bulb to light up is in its connection to the power source. If it is not linked with the source of power, it will not be able to give light. Also, a tap is useless when it is not connected to the tank or any source of water. This analogy shows that our ability to be productive depends on our connection with our source. How connected are you to Christ?
Jesus charges His disciples that for them to be productive, they have to be linked up with Him. He says, “if ye abide in me and my words in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you (John 15:7). It is when you are connected with Christ that you can collect from Him and become fruitful in life. The fruitful you are determines your usefulness in God’s hand so stay connected to collect.
God is spiritual. Man is natural and physical. How can these two be connected. It is man that needs to understand the emptiness, uselessness, bareness of a man (no matter how educated, civilised, powerful) who is not connected with the spiritual God. How do we get the connection:
1. Genuine conversion through repentance.
2. Receive His Spirit a token, a foretaste of His Spirit comes in when a person is converted.
3. Reading, hearing, believing and doing the Word Jn. 6:63.
4. Fellowshipping with other believers in a bible believing church.
5. Getting passionately involved in His Work (etc.).
1. Oh Lord, I receive the grace to stay connected.
2. Oh Lord, may my life be a fruitful vessel in God’s kingdom.
3. Lord, may the Church receive the revival of prayer and the Word.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Job 20 – 21; 1 Peter 3.