October 21, 2020 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Locate The Root Of Your Stumbling Blocks
TOPIC: Locate The Root Of Your Stumbling Blocks
Please, scroll down for seventy Days Prayer and Fasting Programme
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Romans 4-7
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Isaiah 61:1-5 (KJV)
1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
4 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
5 And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
MEMORY VERSE: “That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:” – Ephesians 2:12
When the dream are fulfilled, your sorrow will be over, your tears will be wiped away, your burdens will be lifted and your despondency will give way to exultant joy.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
EVERY FIRE THAT THE ENEMY CANNOT COPE WITH, LET THE FIRE ENVELOPE YOU NOW, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
The primary ministry of the word of God, is to change and transform the life of the reader. Having made use of this year’s devotional so far, can you say that you have practically benefited from the word of God? This is something you need to consider as you observe another devotional hour. There is no problem that God can not solve. The moment you examine the foundation, the rest will be easy. Today, you must locate the root of your stumbling blocks.
About 18 years ago at a prayer meeting, a woman was praying along with others. This was their prayer point: “You, the prison warder of the enemy, clear out because I must escape, in the name of Jesus.” As this woman was praying, she felt a terrible sensation on her right leg and she held the leg and started screaming. She shouted: “Jesus, set me free” several times. Suddenly, she saw a rat jump out of the leg and it ran out of the church; it was followed by two other. She was not dreaming; she saw them with her physical eyes. Before then, the woman had tried all sorts of business ventures and all of them had failed. She was heavily indebted, in spite of the various efforts made to change her financial situation. Everything failed. She did not know that she had three prison-warders in her right leg in form of rats which were devouring whatever she had.
God has done everything possible to remove His children from satanic prison. However, each person has a choice of escaping from it or remaining there.
Today’s text refers to Jesus. Anywhere He went, the prison-warders recognised Him and cried out because both physical and spiritual prisoners were being released from prison by Him. In fact, in the temple, He was physically confronted. Why? It was because He had come to set the captives free (Isaiah 61:1).
A prisoner can decide that he does not want to be released until the prison is refurbished and the furniture changed and painted. The case of Nigeria is very illustrative. Many years ago, Nigeria had no financial problems. It was generally recognized that Nigeria’s problem was not an account of lack of money. In spite of this, Nigeria had invited demons from all over the world, in the name of cultural festival which gave access to demonic prison-warders to enter Nigeria and to guard Nigerians in the prison house of poverty.
Can you declare that God has anointed you to proclaim liberty to the captives?
- Let the blood of Jesus remove any unprogressive label from every aspect of my life.
- O Lord, create in me a clean heart by Your power.
- O Lord, renew a right spirit within me.
- Lord, teach me to die to self.
- Lord, ignite my calling with Your fire.
- Lord, anoint me to pray without ceasing.
- O Lord, establish me as a holy person unto You.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM 2020 SEVENTY (70) DAYS PRAYER AND FASTING PROGRAMME (Wednesday, October 21st, 2020 – Day 17)
SECTION 2: CONVERTING LAMENTATION TO LAUGHTER
Scripture Reading: Esther 7
Confession: Zechariah 4:7-9
“Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it. Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you.”
Reading the Bible in 70 Days (Judges 21:18-21:25, Ruth 1:1-4:22; 1 Samuel 1:1-15:4)
Praise and Worship
Prayers of Praise and Thanksgiving
- O God, arise, destroy every witchcraft power manipulating my destiny, in the name of Jesus..
- Any power that wants me to bow down to any idol, perish with your idols, in the name of Jesus.
- Satanic blood link in my family, break, in the name of Jesus.
- The battle of those who promise you shall fail, in my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Midnight curses, issued against me, break, in the name of Jesus.
- Demonic prayer warriors, assigned to terminate my life, catch fire in the name of Jesus..
- Evil hands, programmed to erase my favour, wither, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, assigned to renew bondage in my life, run mad and die in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and scatter my secret tormentors, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of wicked elders, multiplying evil in my life, dry up, in Jesus‘ name.
- Any power, preparing me for untimely death, die by ﬁre, in Jesus’ name.
- Every secret trap, planted to bring me down, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Ancient sacrifices, offered against my destiny, backﬁre, in Jesus’ name.
- Fetish covenants, waging war against my star, scatter by ﬁre, in Jesus’ name.
- Vehicles of darkness, assigned to hit me, l set you ablaze, in Jesus’ name.
- Altars of witchcraft, troubling my life, catch ﬁre, in the name of Jesus.
- Battle of the gods, raging against my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Battles of strange kings, being waged against my life, expire, in Jesus’ name.
- Powers, assigned to disgrace my name, die by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Battles, creating hindrances to my prayers, expire, in the name of Jesus.
- Poison of darkness in my blood, dry up now, in the name of Jesus.
- Ghosts on assignment, l am not your candidate, pursue your senders, in the name of Jesus.
- Battles that appear and disappear let me go, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, programmed to marry me to poverty, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, programmed to marry me to sickness, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every dark meeting, summoned to steal my virtues, scatter unto desolation, in the name of Jesus.
- Marks of hatred and hard life on my head, expire, in the name Jesus.
- Garment from evil altars, assigned to swallow my star, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
MFM 2020 SEVENTY DAYS PRAYER & FASTING PROGRAMME is a yearly prayer program published by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)