November 12, 2020 Open Heaven Devotional : Topic – Actions Overshadow Words
Topic: Actions Overshadow Words
Memorise: For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. – John 13:15
Read: John 13:12-15 (KJV)
12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another’s feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
Bible In One Year: Luke 23, John 18-19
Open Heaven 12 November 2020 Thursday MESSAGE:
Many parents complain that their children do not obey them. Most times however, the parents are to blame. Children can see and hear more than you know; they absorb information from their homes both consciously and subconsciously. When there is a difference between the words and actions of a parent, the children become confused and will most likely follow the actions of their parents since ‘Actions speak louder than words.’
The best way to teach children is by example. Lead the way and they will follow. I recall an instance when my children were small. We had a visitor who came with his child. One of my sons went into my room, and wore my tie and came out to meet the little boy. He laid his hands on the boy’s head and said “fall down.” We all laughed, but I never forgot the lesson. The boy had observed that when I laid hands on people they would fall, but even beyond that, he noted that I always had my tie on when doing so. What attention to detail! That is how detailed children are in their observations. Hence, you must deliberately set examples. Paul, in Philippians 4:9 said:
“Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.”
A father who cannot get his eyes off ladies will raise a promiscuous boy. A mother who constantly gossips will raise a gossip.
Start being the right examples to your children from now. You want them to read their Bibles and pray daily? Do the same. If you want your children to be kind to others, be kind too. When little children always see their parents punching away at their phones and hardly ever see them with books, it will take God’s grace for the children to enjoy reading.
Be deliberate about your actions, bearing in mind that your children can see everything you are doing, and they will also follow the same path. Set a worthy example; do the right things always.
Showing an example is a thousand times more effective than verbal teaching.
Hymn 20: Nearer, My God To Thee
- Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!
E’en though it be a cross that raiseth me,
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to Thee.
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!
- Though like the wanderer, the sun gone down,
Darkness be over me, my rest a stone;
Yet in my dreams I’d be nearer, my God, to Thee.
- There let the way appear, steps unto Heav’n;
All that Thou sendest me, in mercy giv’n;
Angels to beckon me nearer, my God, to Thee.
- Then, with my waking thoughts bright with Thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs Bethel I’ll raise;
So by my woes to be nearer, my God, to Thee.
- Or, if on joyful wing cleaving the sky,
Sun, moon, and stars forgot, upward I’ll fly,
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to Thee.
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD DIRECTORATE OF PRAYER THIRTY (30) DAYS PRAYER GUIDE TOWARDS THE REALISATION OF A NEW NIGERIA
DAY 10: THURSDAY 12TH NOVEMBER, 2020
TOPIC: PRAYER FOR ECONOMY, BUSINESS, EDUCATION AND HEALTH
BIBLE TEXT(S): PSALMS 95,107:23, JOHN 16:5-15. DEUT 8:18,
The power and influence of a nation depend on her business and economy and education and health. These are the driver of a sound economy. These sectors determine the strength of a nation. God is interested in prosperity of nations.
- Father we thank you for the economy of our nation in Jesus name.
- Father, thank you for being in control of the economy and businesses of our nation in Jesus name
- Father, we thank you for the level our educational standard has reached now in Jesus name
- Father, thank you for giving us room for improvement in our education system in Jesus name
- Father deliver us from all forms of evil and unrighteousness in business life in Jesus name. Lev. 19:35-37.
- Father help the economy and businesses in our nation to be done in righteousness in Jesus name. Prov 14:34
- Father, help our nation to put you first in my business lives in Jesus name. 1 Kings 17:15.
- Father, give our leaders the wisdom to trust you, not to lean on their own understanding in their business pursuits in Jesus name Prov. 3:5-6.
- Father, don’t allow us to be greedy in business, help us to honour you with our substance. Mal. 3:10
- Father, it does not matter what the economy of the world may say; let there be a reign of your kingdom economy in Jesus name. Isa. 43:19.
- Father, please release unto us as a nation every idea we needed to advance in global business in the name of Jesus. Det. 8:18.
- Father, by your mercy restore the economy of our nation in Jesus name
- Father, please make learning environments in our nation conducive for our children to study in Jesus name.
- Father, l pray that schools should fulfil their duty of teaching children what they are supposed to teach them in Jesus name. Deut 5:1
- Father, help the teachers to be able to balance mercy and discipline in the right way in Jesus name.
- Father, help all parents to provide adequately for their children educational needs to enable the children to study without distraction.
- Father, teach them by yourself that they will have the fear of the Lord in their heart in Jesus name Isa. 54:13.
- Father, let our educational institution teach the student love and respect in Jesus name. 1 John 2:15-17.
- Father, we thank you for the opportunities of learning in your household to rightly divide the word of truth 2 Tim. 2:15.
- Father, please help the teachers to teach with love and cloth them with wisdom and understanding in Jesus Name.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.