November 14, 2020 Living Water CAC Daily Devotional Guide :- TOPIC : UNDERSTANDING THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS (2)
Saturday, November 14, 2020 – World Diabetes Day
UNDERSTANDING THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS (2)
Read: Matthew 12:22-30
Matthew 12:22-30 Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see.
All the people were astonished and said, “Could this be the Son of David?”
But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons.”
Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.
If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?
And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges.
But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
“Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man’s house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can plunder his house.
“Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Eph 6:12)
Thank God, Jesus knew very obviously who the devil was and that actually assisted Him to public disgrace show of the enemy of our destiny. After succeeding over the first man, Adam, he wanted to also dispossess the second man, Jesus Christ, but glory to God who strengthened Him and gave His victory through His undiluted Word. Had the devil succeeded in overpowering Jesus that day, what would have happened? Our redemption would have failed woefully. The key to Christian victory is in recognising who the devil is and treating him as a permanently defeated and judged enemy. You don’t give Satan any foothold.
The Bible, categories Satanic forces into the following groups:
1. Principalities: These are the chief spirits in the Kingdom of Satan (Daniel 7:3ff).
2. Powers: These are the agents of evil accomplishment, as empowered by Satan.
3. Rulers: These are territorial spirita, holding in bondage and ruling the nations of the world. These are mostly cult, religious organizations and demonic political leaders.
4. Wicked spirit in the High Places: These are anti-promotion spirits; the spoilers. They determine those who rise and stay on top for Satan. Cf. Ephesians 6:11,12. Jesus has delivered us from the kingdom of darkness (Col. 1:13).
None of these categories are powerful than their master, the devil, and the Bible says you should resist him, even the master, and he shall flee from you.
You are divinely placed and raised far above all these and you are made to seat at the right hand of God with Christ in the heavens (Eph 1:15-23; Colossians 1:12-22; 14,15). Rise and shine in Jesus name. Amen.
1. Keep us enlightened, O Lord, of the works and activities of the devil.
2. Oh Lord, give me Your unconquerable power to overcome all works of the enemy of my soul.
3. Give Your Church victory all the atrocities of the kingdom of darkness in Jesus name.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Lamentation 1-2