December 16, 2020 CAC Living Water Devotional : Topic – WHAT GOD NEEDS FROM ME (2)
Wednesday, December 16, 2020
WHAT GOD NEEDS FROM ME (2)
Read: Genesis 39:7-12
Genesis 39:7-12 Then after a time his master’s wife cast her eyes upon Joseph, and she said, Lie with me.
But he refused and said to his master’s wife, See here, with me in the house my master has concern about nothing; he has put all that he has in my care.
He is not greater in this house than I am; nor has he kept anything from me except you, for you are his wife. How then can I do this great evil and sin against God?
She spoke to Joseph day after day, but he did not listen to her, to lie with her or to be with her.
Then it happened about this time that Joseph went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the men of the house were indoors.
And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me! But he left his garment in her hand and fled and got out [of the house].
I Love the Lord, because He has heard [and now hears] my voice and my supplications. (Psalms 116:1)
LOVE HIM WHOLLY: Actually, there is difference between knowing God and loving Him. Loving God is a strong basis for effective relationship and intimacy with God. Why does God need you to love Him wholly? Or does it means that without your love for God, He is not complete, or alright? No.
1. The Lord is one Lord (Deuteronomy 6:4,5). Understanding that the Lord is one Lord would prevent us from embracing dualism, or pluralism in our pursuit of God. You cannot serve God and at the same time serve mammon. Believers in Christ don’t serve three gods. They recognise that the Lord is one. They are not just monotheistic (believers in one god), but they are also believers in the One and Only true God that is triune.
2. Loving God requires wholehearted devotion. It is a devotional thing.
3. Loving God requires commitment. You must love God without reservation Heart, soul and body is required in loving God. How did the following people: Joseph, Job, and Jesus demonstrate that they love God (Gen.39:7-12; Job.1:1,2:3, John 8:29)? God needs His children to love Him with all their hearts and everything they have.
4. Living above temptation and total trust in God: Joseph demonstrated his love for God by refusing to fall for the temptation to sleep with his master’s wife. Job shunned evil and feared God. There are other people who trusted God totally, even to the detriment of their own lives. Are you ready to dare the devil, world and sin to show you love God? May God help you.
1. Plant Your love genuinely in my heart, oh God.
2. Give me victory over all the alluring things the devil may be bringing my way to make me look away from You.
3. Put Your love and the love for Your people in the hearts of the leaders of Your people.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Joel 2-3; Amos 1