December 2, 2020 CAC Living Water Devotional : Topic – TOMORROW IS GREAT
LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Wednesday, December 2, 2020 – International Day for the Abolition of Slavery
TOMORROW IS GREAT
Read: Genesis 39:2-6
Genesis 39:2-6 And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
And his master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand.
And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.
And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the LORD was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.
And he left all that he had in Joseph’s hand; and he knew not ought he had, save the bread which he did eat. And Joseph was a goodly person, and well favoured.
I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging bread (Psalms 37:25)
Tomorrow is going to be great for you. It is no gain-saying, because God owns you and your tomorrow. No one else, not even the devil but God. He makes today and tomorrow. The future is only secures in Him. Joseph’s future was sealed, secured because he put it in God’s hand. A songwriter wrote, ‘In the hollow of His hand, I am safe whatever may be tide me, in the hollow of His hand…’ Christians are saved and secured in the hollow of God’s hand.
The Israelites were in bondage and no hope of freedom because their captors were fierce and powerful but they put their future in God’s hands, He rescued and established them (Psa. 44:3).
The special love of Jacob for Joseph made his brothers hated him Gen. 37:4. This singular act almost caused Joseph his life and destiny. His brothers knew the bulk of their father’s inheritance will be given to Joseph. Therefore, they sold him into slavery for his destiny to be aborted but God went ahead of him.
For a greater tomorrow, never neglect God. You need to have these as Joseph did:
1. Gen. 39:2-6 And the Lord was with Joseph: Let God be with you now that you are not yet the great man you hoped for. God was with Joseph as a slave boy and a prisoner. The presence of God will guarantee a greater tomorrow while the reverse is the case, if He is not with you now. The distance between you and the greater tomorrow is the relationship with and an attitude towards God NOW.
2. Joseph worked diligently in the house of Potiphar and in the prison: A greater tomorrow largely depends on your today’s diligence. Make most of your time and circumstances. Serve with integrity, serve faithfully.
3. He did not see hopelessness: He made the best of each situation and task given. How do you see today? How have you been handling task? All these have direct influence on your tomorrow.
Irrespective of your today’s experience, tomorrow holds awesome blessings and goodness for you. Only trust and obey. He will make it happen in His time and way.
1. I receive the strength from God to face whatever may betide me today, because my tomorrow is great.
2. Pray for patience to wait for God’s timing, never to run ahead of Him.
3. The spirit of hopelessness get out of my life, in Jesus’ name.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Ezekiel 38 – 39