Inspirational Message By Pastor D.K Olukoya ; Topic – Who Am I?
Who Am I? By Pastor D.K Olukoya
If you’re not very used to listening to sermons, I want to beg you to listen to this one. Listen with your inner and outer ears.
The message is titled ‘who am I?’, that’s why I said listen very carefully.
The world is a deep place and there are deep information. There are several questions that are asked in the school of the mysteries of life.
There are 8 major questions:
- Where am I from? A question of heritage.
- Why am I here? A question of purpose.
- What can I do? A question of potentials.
- Who do I work with? A question of companionship.
- Where am I going now that I am here? A question of destiny.
- What kind of legacy am I going to leave behind? A question of history.
- What do I have? A question of your nature.
But the deepest and the most serious of this questions in the school of the mysteries of life is:
- Who am I? A question of identity.
Have you ever asked yourself that question? Did you receive an answer or you just took it for granted?
In the book of John 1:19-23, it is good to listen very carefully this morning, and to pray not only here; when you get home tonight after your quenching the rage prayers.
You can see that John the Baptist had information on his identity.
Do you know who you are? Have you asked heaven to show you who you really are?
- A correct definition of who you are will lead to a correct evaluation of your ability.
- A correct evaluation of who you are will help you to know how to live your life.
- A correct definition of who you are will help you to know how to take care of your life.
It will help you to know the kind of friends you should have and the kind of friends you should not have.
- A correct definition of your life will show you the pattern of life you should follow.
God told Jeremiah, ‘I knew you when you were in your mother’s womb’, and I have ordained you a prophet from your mother’s womb’. For Jeremiah to come to the world and not know that he’s a prophet, is a disaster.
There are people here that needs to pray seriously this morning. This is why what you see yourself achieving in your dream, you don’t see it happening in real life because you don’t really know who you are.
A wrong definition of your life will lead you to an incorrect assessment of your destiny and of your personality. Until you know your name in the spirit realm, you cannot see your aims. But your correct and exact definition of yourself can only be received from your manufacturer, who is the Almighty God.
No one can explain or interpret a product better than the man who made it.
Let your Amen roar like thunder as I utter this prophetic statements upon your life:
- Today, the powers blocking you from knowing who you are shall die violently in the name of Jesus!
- All those negative destiny adjusters, that are adjusting your destiny; shall scatter unto desolation in the name of Jesus!
- And any power killing your divine identity, shall be killed by the slapping angels of God; in the name of Jesus!
- And any servant, any slave occupying the horse of your destiny; shall summersault and be removed in the name of Jesus!
- The powers assigned to terminate your glory, shall destroy themselves in the name of Jesus!
- Every carefully designed spiritual blindness, to make you ignorant of your identity; shall be wiped away by the name of Jesus!
So, it is time for you to know your real self. God didn’t creat anybody as a feeble weight but heavy weight. If you desire, God will show you your name because the principle of scripture is very simple: ‘he who asks receives’. If you didn’t ask, heaven will just be looking at you.
So, you’re not who your enemy says you are, you are not who your parents say that you are, you’re not who your background say that you are, you’re not who your feelings say that you are, you’re not even what your government say that you are, you’re not who your leader say that you are; the only person who can tell you who you are is the Almighty God. It is from Him you can get the correct definition of yourself.
Look at this wonderful scripture in Psalm 100:3, this morning shall signal the beginning of the unending laughter of somebody.
Listen, you cannot know yourself through native doctor, you cannot know yourself through witch doctors, you cannot know yourself through positive thinking, you cannot know yourself by asking a prophet, you cannot know yourself by reading what they say your star is saying through astrology, you cannot know yourself by reading the palms of your hands, you cannot know yourself by all these demonic deceptions that they are using to deceive people.
Even our ancient parents who use to go to witch doctors to find out the future of their children, sometimes the devil manipulated it and try to hide it. So, God made you for a purpose; and so the biggest enemy you are going to face in life is yourself.
So, God made you for a purpose. The greatest tragedy in life is trying to be who you want and doing what you are not suppose to do. Jeremiah would have been an absolute tragedy since he was ordained as a prophet in the womb; he now came to the world and said ‘I wants to be a pilot’. He cannot succeed, his plane will crash. A stone may remain in the river, in the water for 200 years; it will never become a cobra, it is a stone.
So, many of our challenges in life; they do come because we don’t know ourselves. We sometimes ignore our true virtues, but we are focusing on another person’s virtue. It is a tragedy that most people live their entire life as complete strangers to their true self.
Let me give you some scriptural examples, so you can get me very well:
- Any one looking at Moses in the desert, he was a shepherd; he would have died a shepherd. But as for as heaven is concerned, Moses was a law maker and deliverer.
- If you look at David, he was a shepherd boy who just plays the instrument of music. But his real self is a champion, a king, a psalmist and a prophet.
- There was a prophet in Elisha, but he focused on farming. Eventually, there was trouble there because that was not who he was supposed to be.
- There was a messiah in prophet Isaiah, but he was busy prophesying in the king’s palace.
- There was an apostle, a prophet, a teacher and an evangelist, a pastor; in Paul the apostle. He didn’t know, but he was busy killing the Christians. He wrote 13 books of the New Testament, and since they were inside him. It would have died with him, if he didn’t suddenly begin to see.
- There was an apostle in Peter, but he was a fisherman. He would have died a fisherman and nobody would have seen his name in the Bible, but he became fishers of men.
- There was an Israel in Jacob, but he didn’t know,.
So your current appearance is not the final plan of heaven for your life. Whatever you are now, is a comma; not a full-stop.
But you see, in the school of victory; information is the greatest asset. Information transforms a man, lack of information deforms a man. When you lack spiritual information, you are an accident waiting to happen.
The story of Apostle Babalola, shared By Daddy G.O:
The great apostle Babalola ministered in a place. A woman began to manifest and she was rolling all over the place. While rolling all over the place, her private part was exposed; so it was discovered that she had both a male and female organ.
That got the apostle into trouble, so they arrested him and threw him in jail.
God took him there. By the time he landed in that prison, the prison became a prayer meeting, everyone there got born again. The day they released him to go, the prisoners were crying that they should not take him away, and that they should let him remain. God had a reason for taking him there.
Spiritual treasures are not found on the surface like this. Just like you don’t find gold on the surface, you cannot find silver on the surface, you cannot find crude oil on the surface.
You want information about your life, you have to dig deep; you pray deep prayers to get deep answers. When things are very precious, people look at them very well.
If as you’re sitting down there, you have one million dollars in your bag; I’m sure you will put it between your legs and hold it tight and watching it carefully.
God prospers us by instructions. God is a secret keeper, God Himself has secrets. When you have access into God’s secret, you become uncommon success. God knows all things, and He’s willing to reveal beneficial secrets about your life to you. There are secrets that many of us need to know about our lives so that we can move forward.
One of the greatest destiny prayer points in this planet is:
- O God arise, and show me the secrets of my life.
- O God arise, and show me whom I am.
- O God arise, show me beneficial secrets about my life.
The story of an American, shared by Daddy G.O:
A white American got hold of one of our books in the early 1990s. He came across this prayer point, and found it strange but he prayed them. He didn’t know how to pray MFM prayers very well. All he just did was to seat down and begin to repeat ‘O God arise, show me the secrets of my life’. He will drink some tea, and repeat the prayers. He will rest a bit and repeat. After some time, he started saying them constantly. He told me that anytime he prays to a level, he will see a tortoise and he will see himself riding on the tortoise as if it is a horse.
Anytime he stops praying, the thing disappears. He noticed that his life is not moving. Anytime he prayed, he will see it. He went to his pastor and explained this regular vision. The pastor looked at him and said ‘I think you need to see a psychiatric, I don’t think you’re well’. The pastor asked him if he sees it when he prays other prayers. He responded and said ‘no, except when he ask God to show him the secrets of his life’.
It went on like this until we had a crusade in America and then he saw me, and he told me. I now began to tell him God is showing him the secrets of his life and if he was riding on a tortoise, he won’t get very far and he need to get off from the top of the tortoise. It was a serious prayer indeed.
The story of a brother with MSc degree, shared by Daddy G.O:
A brother prayed this prayer many years ago, here at this headquarters. He had a masters degree but he was not making progress. He was always broke, he can’t pay house rent and he can’t do anything. He cried ‘O God arise and show me the secrets of my life’. He cried to heaven for three nights, at the end of third night; he saw a pot.
Then he came to me and told me what he saw. I said to him that he needs to go to his parents and ask them if they have a pot for him. He went to them. His parents are quite old and they have not seen him for years. They welcome him, and he asked: ‘Daddy, mummy, do I have a pot’? They said ‘yes, all our three children have pots’.
He said ‘okay, what do you do with the pots’? They said ‘why we give you your first bathing of hair, and shave your hair as a young person; we put the hair in the pot’.
The pots were buried behind the house. He asked if this was done to all the children, they said ‘yes’; and all the three children were not doing very well.
He now began to be very clever with both of them, he asked if they could show him where the three pots are. He saw the three pots, all were buried in the ground. He also asked where his own pot is, they pointed and showed it to him. He ensured that they were sitting inside, and he ran back to the place; uprooted his pot and fled, and brought the pot back to Lagos. When he brought it, his hair was still inside.
Those of you who know about deliverance knows that the hair represents your glory. It’s been buried and covenanted to the earth.
It is important to pray this day, ‘O God arise, show me the secret of my life.
The story of a sister, shared by Daddy G.O:
A sister at the age of 39, prayed this prayer. She had a dream, she saw herself at a wedding ceremony with her own daddy who was dead. She looked and said ‘daddy, you can’t be my own husband; what are you doing here’. Then whoever the thing represented, told her in the dream; ‘since your mother died when you were young, I have converted you to my wife and mother’. For the first time, she saw why things are hard.
When prayers get to a level, deep secrets are made known and the more you pray; the more you discover. The more you discover, the more you recover; and the more you recover, the quicker you fulfill your destiny.
I will continue this message next time, because of our time.
Rise to your feet and all eyes closed, and get ready to prayers here this morning.
A prayer that should not stop here. When you finish your quenching the rage prayers at 12:15am, raise up your voice like fire and like thunder; say ‘O God arise, show me the secrets of my life, show me who I am’.
It is not too late to do what God wants you to do, rise to your feet now.
After Ministration prayers by Daddy G.O:
When prayers get to a level, you will see deep secrets. Today is a day to cry to the heavens. Do you really know who you are? The Bible says you shall know the truth, and it is that truth you know that shall set you free. What a tragedy to have lived for 20 years, 25 years, 30 years; and you don’t really know who you are. If from the womb, all that God has ordained for you to come and do on earth is to give birth to a prophet; and that prophet is going to be the only child. But you didn’t know, you started your fornication in secondary school and you got pregnant and you aborted the baby; where would the person start now, this is why we need serious prayers.
This is not kind of prayer that your mind is not concentrating, it’s not the kind of prayer that your body will not know that you’re praying, it’s not American nor religious prayer, it is not psychedelic prayer.
As many people that are destiny conscious here and will like something to happen very very quickly, can you raise up your voice and shout this very loud and clear:
- O God arise, show me who I am in the name of Jesus!
- O God arise, show me the secrets of my life in the name of Jesus!
- Powers assigned to reinvent my destiny for evil, before I leave this place; die in the name of Jesus!
- Satanic veil hiding my identity, catch fire in the name of Jesus!
- Wicked imaginations by strangers against my life, backfire in the name of Jesus!
- Wicked weapons fashioned against my destiny, catch fire in the name of Jesus!
- Powers that hate my progress, destroy yourselves in the name of Jesus!
- Arrows of this pestilence, I’m not your candidate; die in the name of Jesus!
- Power of this pandemic, clear away from our nation in the name of Jesus!
- Powers that hate my progress, before I leave this place; die in the name of Jesus!
- I fire back every arrow of pestilence in the name of Jesus!
As instructed by Daddy G.O:
Don’t forget, when you finish your quenching the rage prayers this midnight, add two or three prayer points to it:
O God arise, show me who I am,
O God arise, show me the secrets of my life,
O God arise, show me beneficial secrets about my life, in the name of Jesus!