January 10, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Your Word Attitude (III)
MFM Daily Devotional
10th January 2021
TOPIC: Your Word Attitude (III)
Psalm 107:20 – “He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.”
The word of God will work as an offensive weapon and win great victories for you if you show the right attitude towards it. When God called Jeremiah and ordained him a prophet unto nations, the young man said, “Ah, LORD GOD! Behold, I cannot speak; for I am a child” (Jeremiah 1:6).
The LORD assured him that He would be with him to deliver him. Jeremiah 1:9-10 added, “Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. See I have this day set before thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out and to pull down, and to destroy, and throw down, to build and to plant.” Thus the word of God played very prominent role in the ministry of Prophet Jeremiah. It was a veritable weapon by which he confronted and conquered. God’s word was ﬁre in his mouth and hammer in his hands.
In addition, the word of God is prevailing word. It ruled over Ephesus, the wicked city. It can work wonders in a life, organisation, church, city or nation, bringing God’s will to manifestation. If you internalise it, memorise it, meditate on it and live by it, it will prevail over every evil spirit, personality, wicked work, sickness, poverty, strange battle, failure and all works of the devil directed against your life. If it grew and prevailed in Ephesus, it will grow and prevail in your life as you give it attention and reverence.
God watches over His word and no jot of it will go unfulﬁlled. It is your responsibility to show the right attitude towards the word. Study it, meditate on it, obey it and live it, sow (preach and teach) it (Matthew 13) and let it dwell in you richly. Jesus said in John 8:31, “Continue in my word.” How? Make God’s word central to your life.
Study it regularly, memorise it always, meditate on it and live by it daily. The beneﬁts of heeding this commandment and giving God’s word a priority place in your life are enormous.
Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face.
The word of God will serve as your cure-all, make you perfect and totally fulﬁlled, in Jesus’ name.
Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know
O deeper yet, I pray And higher ev’ry day,
And wiser, blessed Lord In Thy precious holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus
And His perfect will.
3. Deeper, deeper, tho’ it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow .
4. Deeper, higher ev’ry day in Jesus
Till all conﬂict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His image
Perfected at last.
1. The word of God is my Sword of the Spirit. I use it to cut down the strongholds of the enemy, in the name of Jesus.
2. Father, put Your word in my mouth today, in the name of Jesus.
3. Father, make Your word as ﬁre in my mouth and hammer in my hands, in the name of Jesus.
4. Father, give me the grace to study, memorise and meditate on Your word, in the name of Jesus.
5. O Lord, help me to live by Your word at all times, in the name of Jesus.
6. Father as Your word prevailed over evil powers in Ephesus, let Your word grow and prevail over strange battles and problems in my life, in the name of Jesus.
7. Father, help me to use Your word to build and populate Your kingdom, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 24-28