January 13, 2021 CAC Living Water Devotional : Topic – DON’T LOSE THE KINGDOM
LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
DON’T LOSE THE KINGDOM
Read: Matthew 21:33-44
Matthew 21:33-44 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord’s doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (Matthew 21:43)
The possibility of falling from grace is made clear in the Bible. Christ refers to, and warns about this tragedy very seriously and severally (Matt.5:22,29,30; Rev. 21:8; 22:15). The Apostles of the Lord and several generations of God’s servant are unrelenting in warnings about this danger also (Heb.6:4-8; 1 Jn. 5:16,17). In today’s devotional scripture, the Lord Jesus Christ shows those factors that can lead to *the kingdom of God (being) taken from one. These include:
1. Hostility towards God: it is a serious mistakes for mortal to fight against his Maker (Isa. 45:9).
2. Hostility towards God’s messengers: in all generations, men and women have presented and represented God among His creatures. Any evil or honour done to them has lasting consequences (Matt.23:34-39).
3. Seeking to overthrow God. Indisputably, God is forever the Owner of all. The original sin of Lucifer, who became Satan in heaven, is that he tried to overthrow God. He tried taking the place of God-coup detat (Isa. 14:12ff). He lured man into this also, in the Garden of Eden.
4. Lastly, rejecting and nailing Christ Jesus to the cross the second time by continued sinning (cf. John 3:16-18,36;15:1ff; Heb. 10:26-31). The Israelites lost the kingdom of God through continued sinned that invoked divine wrath on them. They rejected and persecuted the Saviour/Messiah.
We are supposed to keep that which has been given to us by bearing desired fruits, and holding on to the grace of God (Rom.11:1ff; 1 Cor.10:12,13; Phil.2:12; Rev.2:;25;3:11). May the power of God keep us to the end. Amen.
1. Thank God who has saved you, and for all the grace He is giving you.
2. Pray for more grace not to toy with the grace of God.
3. Pray for any Christian brother, sister, or leader you know is backsliding or has backsliding, that God should restore him/her by His mercy and power.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Genesis 27:41-30:1; Matthew 9:30-10:13