January 14, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – The Necessity Of Prayer (II)
TOPIC: The Necessity Of Prayer (II)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 38-39
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Luke 11:1-13 (KJV)
1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
5 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
MEMORY VERSE: “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” – Philippians 4:6
Pray so that you won’t have to be forced by circumstances to pray.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
THE DIVINE ENGINE OF PRAYER SHALL DESCEND UPON YOU BY FIRE.
The necessity of prayer can never be over-emphasised. Prayer is man’s greatest power. It is the key to all the treasures of this life and the hereafter. A day without prayer is a day without blessing and a life without prayer is a life without power. An old hymn says “Sweet hour of prayer, sweet hour of prayer that calls me from a world of care…” Our Memory Verse for today says, “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”
The most effective way by which you can tell God your problems is through prayer. When you go into your prayer closet, you forget every other thing and talk to God in total reverence and perfect submission. For your prayers to be effective, they must be said in Jesus’ name. The reason is that Jesus’ name is the only name approved by God for believers and unbelievers to approach Him. Secondly, you must be living in God’s will if you expect Him to answer your prayers. God will give you what you ask for only if your desires are in harmony with His will and you have the right and pure motive (Psalms 19:14).
Thirdly, you must have true and sincere faith that God hears your prayers, has the ability to accomplish what you ask and will do what He knows is good for you. Jesus states clearly: “What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that you receive them, and ye shall have them” (Mark 11:24). To the father of a demon-possessed boy, He said: “All things are possible to him that believeth” (Mark 9:23). Believing is imperative when we pray.
Beloved, prayer is not child’s play, but a serious matter for those who mean business with God and know that, they are coming out better. So, when you do not feel like praying, that is when prayer is needed most. Pray, so that you won’t have to pray when it is too late!
- Powers attacking my spiritual life, die by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, let the enemies of my prayer life be confounded and disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- Vision killers, I stop you before you stop me, in the name of Jesus.
- Miracle that surpasses my understanding, manifest at my prayer altar, in the name of Jesus.
- Power to pray until something happens, fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.
- Power to mount up as eagles, fall upon my prayer life, in the name of Jesus.
- Anything in my life that does not reflect God, come out and die, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – January 14, 2021 – DAY 8
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- Blood of Jesus Christ, soak us as a church in You and make us whole, in Jesus’ name.
- O God, arise and go forth as a mighty Man of war; cry, roar and prevail over the enemies, the strongmen, unclean spirits and agents of satan of this church, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and pass through this church in fury and anger and remove any person who has made a covenant with water spirits or satan to take the seat of Almighty God in this church; let them die the death of the uncircumcised, in the name of Jesus.
- Revive Thy work, O God in our midst, in the name of Jesus.
- The enemy will pay the price that will catapult me to my place of destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- Every fortified city, harbouring my breakthroughs, let your walls crumble by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Power of the Most High, catapult me by fire above my mockers, in Jesus’ name.
- My Father, shower my destiny this year, with Your rain of mercy, in Jesus’ name.
- Rain of glory, fall upon my life and wash away my shame, in the name of Jesus.
- Rain of breakthroughs, fall upon me, and silence my mockers, in the name of Jesus.
- Rain of divine judgement, fall upon the wicked and disgrace the strongman boasting against me, in the name of Jesus.
- Rain of vengeance, fall with fury and burning sulphur upon my enemies, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and let Your prosperous wind carry me to my throne, in Jesus’ name.
- Every power, occupying my throne of destiny, tremble and vacate my throne, in the name of Jesus.