January 15, 2021 Living Water CAC Daily Devotionals :- TOPIC : SIX POWERFUL PHRASES OF THE LORD’S PRAYER (1I)
CAC Living Water Daily Devotionals
Friday, January 15, 2021
SIX POWERFUL PHRASES OF THE LORD’S PRAYER (1I)
Read: Luke 11:4
MEMORISE: And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. (Luke 11:4)
In the Lord’s prayer, Christ first reveals our relationship with our heavenly Father, our kingdom right, and God’s desire to provide for us as we have need. We dwelled on Matthew 6:9-13, yesterday, to bring these to the fore. The next 3 phrases further reveals God’s love towards us. Let us look at how Luke puts them.
1. The Father’s Forgiveness: forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us (Lk.11:4a). The Father’s love is open to forgive us our sins, since sin hinders access to the Fathers love (Isa.59:1). However, this is permised on we also letting go of our offenders without grudge. Forgiveness is an essential arm in our faith, we must daily consciously forgive others without resentments, just as we desire God’s forgiveness.
2. The Father’s Guidance: do not lead is into temptation. We must request God’s leadership and direction. These change our prayer focus to face the real world which we interact with everyday. We need the Lord to direct our paths, influence our decisions, and prosper our works, everyday and in every of our endeavours. Hence, we must commit our ways to His charge, totally.
3. The Father’s Protection: deliver us from the evil one is a cry for protection from satanic programmes and attacks, natural disasters, sickness, and other life’s challenges. God cares, if we are available.
These six phrases of our Lord’s Prayer, when properly understood and applied are powerful in helping us to be victorious in prayer.
1. Lord, daily direct my path, influence my decisions, and deliver me from the onslaught of the devil and his cohorts against my life, home and endeavours.
2. Holy Spirit, equip me with the grace of forgiveness so that I can always enjoy Your forgiveness.
3. Lord, let true forgiveness pervade the hearts of both the members and leaders of our churches, to overcome the prevalence of bitterness towards one another in churches.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Genesis 31:23-32:31; Matthew 10:36-11:15