January 16, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Navigating Through A Season Of Famine (I)
TOPIC: Navigating Through A Season Of Famine (I)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 12-15
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Genesis 26:1-12 (KJV)
1 And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.
2 And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:
3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
6 And Isaac dwelt in Gerar:
7 And the men of the place asked him of his wife; and he said, She is my sister: for he feared to say, She is my wife; lest, said he, the men of the place should kill me for Rebekah; because she was fair to look upon.
8 And it came to pass, when he had been there a long time, that Abimelech king of the Philistines looked out at a window, and saw, and, behold, Isaac was sporting with Rebekah his wife.
9 And Abimelech called Isaac, and said, Behold, of a surety she is thy wife: and how saidst thou, She is my sister? And Isaac said unto him, Because I said, Lest I die for her.
10 And Abimelech said, What is this thou hast done unto us? one of the people might lightly have lien with thy wife, and thou shouldest have brought guiltiness upon us.
11 And Abimelech charged all his people, saying, He that toucheth this man or his wife shall surely be put to death.
12 Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.
MEMORY VERSE: “In famine he shall redeem thee from death: and in war from the power of the sword.” – Job 5:20
A wise man makes his own decision; an ignorant man follows public opinion.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
HENCEFORTH, YOUR DECISIONS, THOUGHTS, SPEECHES AND ACTIONS SHALL BE GUIDED BY THE LORD, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
A season of famine is characterised by extreme shortage of food supply and other means of survival. It is a period of deprivation, hunger, dryness and discomfort. The Bible records that there was famine in the time of Abraham, Isaac, Joseph, Elijah, and even Paul, in the New Testament. It also foretells us that in the last days there will be famine. This is being fulfilled today.
How can you navigate successfully through a season of famine? Let us look into the Bible, our best resource, for right answers: First, you must seek the face of the Lord and make God-directed decisions. The one who God shows the way will not miss the way. In the book of Ruth, a man named Elimelech took a decision without consulting God.
There was a famine in Judah (God’s land), Elimelech took his wife and two sons and went to Moab (a heathen nation). The result was that Elimelech died and his two sons also died, one after the other. Naomi, Elimelech’s wife became a widow. So also did Orpah and Ruth, the wives of Mahlon and Chilon respectively. That singular decision cost an entire family great loss, grief and pain. On the other hand, in Genesis 26, there was famine and Isaac decided to go to Egypt, but God spoke to him, “Do not go down to Egypt; stay in Gerar. I will bless you” (Genesis 26:2). Mercy and grace found Isaac. God spoke to him, gave him direction and saved him from making a mistake. Elimelech did not hear the word of the Lord. He just fell headlong into the pit of error. I pray that God will speak to you and guide you to make the right decisions in all seasons of life. With God-directed decision, you will prosper even in the time of famine. Isaac reaped hundred fold, grew prosperous and became the envy of the Philistines, all because he was led by God in making crucial decisions in life.
As a believer, you are not supposed to act on impulse or lean on your own understanding. Rather, seek God’s face and help to enable you make the right decision. You have the Holy Spirit. Avoid the mistake Elimelech made. Truly, the Coronavirus pandemic has brought a season of famine upon the world, if you ask for God’s guidance and make the right decisions, you will prosper!
- Father, help me to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus.
- Spirit of wisdom, counsel, knowledge and understanding, fall upon me now, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, give me the grace to make the right decision that will bless me and my posterity, in the name of Jesus.
- Famine and pestilence will not ruin me and my family, in the name of Jesus.
- In the midst of famine, I shall prosper, in the name of Jesus.
- I reject the spirit of error and wrong decision, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, as Isaac found favour with You and You stopped him from going to Egypt, let Your favour locate me always, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM QUENCHING THE RAGE – JANUARY 16, 2021 – DAY 10
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- Holy Spirit, take over the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, worldwide, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power of darkness, working against the glory of God in the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, worldwide, be destroyed by ﬁre, in the name of Jesus.
- Every seed and strength of sin, in our lives, die now, in the name of Jesus.
- We prophesy terror and disgrace, upon foolish pastors and prophets, who are deceiving the flock in this church, in the name of Jesus.
- Battles, that are too strong for me, I hand you over to the Rock of Ages, in the name of Jesus.
- Power of unstoppable testimonies, fall upon my life, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, let Your grace terminate my disgrace, in the name of Jesus.
- Every river of afﬂiction in my life, dry up, in the name of Jesus.
- Power of roaring poverty, assigned to bury my talents, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Anything in my life, feeding my problems, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power, feeding my ignorance, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, using dark prayers to disturb my progress, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power, assigned to quench the light of my destiny, be terminated, in the name of Jesus.
- I kill the peace of my enemies, by the power in the blood of Jesus, in Jesus‘ name.