January 18, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Navigating Through A Season Of Famine (III)
TOPIC: Navigating Through A Season Of Famine (III)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 19-21
FIRE SCRIPTURE: 1 Kings 17:1-16 (KJV)
1 And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.
2 And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying,
3 Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.
4 And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.
5 So he went and did according unto the word of the LORD: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.
6 And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.
7 And it came to pass after a while, that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land.
8 And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying,
9 Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.
10 So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, the widow woman was there gathering of sticks: and he called to her, and said, Fetch me, I pray thee, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink.
11 And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thine hand.
12 And she said, As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.
13 And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.
14 For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth.
15 And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days.
16 And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.
MEMORY VERSE: “If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:” – Isaiah 1:19
God does not follow protocols when He wants to bless you.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
TODAY, YOU WILL EXPERIENCE LIFE-CHANGING FAVOUR THAT WILL REPLACE YOUR YEARS OF LABOUR, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
So far, we have considered two important factors that can help you to navigate through a famine season in life: making and following godly decisions and exercising faith in God and His unfailing promises. Today, we will look at other factors: obedience and favour.
The Bible says that obedience is better than sacrifice and hearkening than the fat of rams (1 Samuel 15:22). God rewards obedience. He expects your obedience to be prompt, unquestioning and complete. When you obey God, you prove that you believe that He is sovereign, all-knowing, all-powerful and all-sufficient. It also means that you trust Him. In Isaiah 1:19, the Bible says, “If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land.” Isaac demonstrated willingness and obedience during the famine. He heeded the heavenly instruction to stay in Gerar and not go down to Egypt. He believed God’s promise to bless him in the land in spite of the famine. Beloved, God owns the heaven and the earth as well as all the gold and silver in them. He can bless you regardless of famine, global economic downturn or recession and other unpleasant economic situations.
Finally, you need favour and help to navigate a season of famine. One day of favour is greater than one year of labour. Favour will make you an exception to the rule in a positive way. By reason of divine favour and help, the widow of Zarephath encountered Elijah and did not suffer the pains of famine as others did. She, her son and Prophet Elijah did not lack. Ask God for favour and help during a season of famine. Favour was the game-changer in the difficult times that Ruth passed through. Her story turned to glory when she found favour with God and man.
In Ruth 2:2-3, the Bible says that Ruth went to work as a reaper in the field of Boaz, a kindred of Elimelech. When Boaz got to the field, Ruth, through a stranger in the land, found great favour with him and that completely changed her story! I pray that you will find favour and help today and always, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, make me willing and obedient towards Your word, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and connect me to the socket of Your favour, in the name of Jesus.
- Divine favour and help to make me thrive in the midst of famine, locate me now, in the name of Jesus.
- The power that connected Ruth to Boaz, connect me to my divine helper now, in the name of Jesus.
- O God that owns the heavens and the earth, bless me beyond human comprehension, in the name of Jesus.
- O heaven over my life and destiny, open by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, by Your mercy, as You changed the story of Ruth, change my story gloriously, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM QUENCHING THE RAGE – JANUARY 18, 2021 – DAY 12
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- O God, arise and let there be stormy wind upon the wicked in this church, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, deliver Your people in this church, from the hands of false prophets and pastors, in the name of Jesus.
- All hiding places of the stubborn enemies of this country, be exposed and shatter to pieces, in the name of Jesus.
- Satanic pastors/ministers, be disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- Strange trees, accepting the meetings of the wicked elders against me, receive acidic fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Evil powers, that plant themselves into my life, uncommon death, clear them out of my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Every tree, shaking the ground against my destiny, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, release Your thunder on any evil tree of my father’s house that my glory has been sacrificed to, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, that have swallowed demons and are threatening me, thunder of God, swallow them, in the name of Jesus.
- Birds of darkness, gathering together to attack me, storm of fire, swallow them up, in the name of Jesus.
- Witchcraft powers, using cobwebs to sow a garment for me, run mad and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Throne of wickedness, in my father’s house, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Hired powers, against my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- The battle, that swallowed my father, will not swallow me, in Jesus’ name.