January 21, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – When The Holy Spirit Departs
TOPIC: When The Holy Spirit Departs
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 27-29
FIRE SCRIPTURE: 1 Samuel 15:1-9 (KJV)
1 Samuel also said unto Saul, The LORD sent me to anoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the LORD.
2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.
3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
4 And Saul gathered the people together, and numbered them in Telaim, two hundred thousand footmen, and ten thousand men of Judah.
5 And Saul came to a city of Amalek, and laid wait in the valley.
6 And Saul said unto the Kenites, Go, depart, get you down from among the Amalekites, lest I destroy you with them: for ye shewed kindness to all the children of Israel, when they came up out of Egypt. So the Kenites departed from among the Amalekites.
7 And Saul smote the Amalekites from Havilah until thou comest to Shur, that is over against Egypt.
8 And he took Agag the king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword.
9 But Saul and the people spared Agag, and the best of the sheep, and of the oxen, and of the fatlings, and the lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them: but every thing that was vile and refuse, that they destroyed utterly.
MEMORY VERSE: “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” – John 14:15
Without the Spirit of God, we can do nothing. We are ships without wind. We are useless.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
HENCEFORTH, TOU WILL ENJOY THE MINISTRY OF HELP AND COMFORT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
The consequence of willfully and constantly disobeying God is that the Holy Spirit will be grieved and will withdraw or depart from the individual. There is no vacuum in life. When the Spirit of God departs from a believer and he does not repent and get filled with the Holy Spirit, the devil will fill him with demons.
King Saul; Israel’s first king, had that experience. The Holy Spirit departed from him because he consistently and habitually disobeyed God. The Almighty declared that Saul’s cup was full when he refused to obey Him completely on the issue of the Amalekites. He spared King Agag and choice animals. He lost the Holy Spirit as well as his throne. His kingdom was given to David. Besides, Saul dabbled into idolatry. He sought help in the devil’s camp and from a necromancer. Therefore, he earned the wrath and judgement of God which says, “The sorrow of those who follow after other gods shall be multiplied” (Psalm 16:4).
Also See: Open Heaven 21 January 2021 – Taking
David knew the consequence of the departure of the Holy Spirit. He knew that his victory over Goliath and his numerous conquests in battles were the outworking of the Holy Spirit in his life. When he committed adultery with Bathsheba and got her husband; Uriah, killed, God confronted him and he broke down in contrition and repentance. He cried, “Cast me not away from Your presence, O Lord. Take not Thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation and renew a right spirit within me” (Psalm 51:10-12).
Beloved, without the Holy Spirit, you can do nothing. The phenomenal ministry of Jesus on earth was made possible by the Holy Spirit that He was endued with. The exploits that the Apostles performed were actually the acts of the Holy Spirit. That is why Jesus advised them not to venture into their divine assignments until they were endued with power from on high. The Holy Spirit is therefore a must-have for all believers who want to succeed in life and fulfil their divine purposes. Beloved, you are not only to have Him, you are to keep Him and ensure that He does not depart from you. The Father has given Him to be your life Companion, Helper, Enabler and Friend.
- The Holy Spirit will not depart from me, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost, come upon me. Power of the Highest, overshadow me, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, be my Companion, Friend and Guide for life, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, take pre-eminence in my life and take control of my situation, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, take over my battles, fight for me and give me victory, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, the Custodian of the anointing, release Your anointing upon my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I shall experience and enjoy the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – January 21, 2021 – DAY 15
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- O God, pour Your Spirit upon us and remove all spots, wrinkles, faults, imperfections, filthiness and idols, in the name of Jesus.
- You hindrance to prayers, we command your forces to break, in Jesus’ name.
- You stronghold of evil thoughts and imagination, against this church, be pulled down, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, discharge and acquit this church, from any accusation from the evil ones, in the name of Jesus.
- Celebration of the wicked elders, assigned to make me cry, turn to madness, in the name of Jesus.
- Every door, that will lead to my destiny, hear the word of the Lord, open by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- The will of the enemy shall not come to pass on my head, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, struggling to kill me, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power, assigned against the divine oil on my head, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, pursuing my head for evil exchange, die, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, arise in Your fire and move my life forward, in the name of Jesus.
- Hidden mockers, playing with me to attack me unawares, O God, expose and disappoint them, in the name of Jesus.
- Mockers, using their poisonous tongues to laugh against me, O Lord, tear them to pieces, in the name of Jesus.
- Mockers, assigned to turn me to a victim of disgrace, be destroyed, in Jesus’ name.