January 26, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Healing Your Emotions (II)
TOPIC: Healing Your Emotions (II)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 41-42
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Colossians 3:5-16 (KJV)
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things’ sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
MEMORY VERSE: “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” – Galatians 5:16
Refuse to be a slave to unhealthy emotions. Detach yourself from that which can destroy you. Determine to embrace the mind of Christ at all cost.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
TODAY, YOUR DAYS OF CONSCIOUS AND UNCONSCIOUS SLAVERY TO NEGATIVE EMOTIONS AND UNGODLY MINDSET ARE OVER, BY THE POWER IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS.
Negative emotions are not from God. They are rooted in the works of the flesh. They constitute sin unto God. Can we then continue in sin and ask for more grace? (Romans 6:1). The Bible answers, God forbid!
Unfortunately, many people, Christians and non-Christians, are involved in the manifestation of unhealthy emotions in their relationships and daily activities, simply because they lack self-control and discipline. The resultant effect is that this physical and spiritual carelessness poses imminent danger to their physical and spiritual health. It is injurious to relationships and personal well-being. Therefore, it would be a tragedy to continue living in deception of, “this is who I am, just take me for who I am or let me be!” This is nothing but denial of your deficiencies or refusal to seek help.
Remember, “Slaves who love their chains will remain in bondage!” As long as you keep pampering your weaknesses and bottle-feed this emotional monster, you are in for a serious problem — an accident waiting to happen!
The needful thing is that you sit down and take a spiritual and emotional stock of your life. This may take you right to the very foundation of your life: your ancestry and predominant genetic factors that could be responsible for these negative attitudes and behaviours. Yes, your character, an embodiment of your emotions, could acquire traits from negative environmental and social influences.
Ask yourself some crucial questions such as these: Do you find people of your lineage behaving the same way you do? Why are you often moody and unresponsive? Are you a slave to anger? Read Ecclesiastes 7:9. An angry man lacks wisdom and self-control. Are you proud and arrogant? God resists the proud but embraces the humble (James 4:6). Do you easily fall into envy and jealousy, hatred and bitterness? Learn from Cain who entertained the same and eventually killed his brother. Rather than curtail his evil desires, he created an easy access for other negative emotions like guilt, fear, etc. Remember, fear has torment (2 Timothy 1:7) and bitterness defiles (Hebrew 12:15). Joseph found a place in his heart to forgive his brothers in spite of the evils they had committed against him. Why can’t you do the same?
Negative emotions will break your spirit, trigger deeper problems, create self-inflicted injuries and hurt your loved ones, damaging healthy relationships. At the end, you gain nothing, but lose more than you ever bargained for. The final blow is that you offend yourself, others and God. What a calamity!
God has called us to healthy and vibrant expressions of our emotions; think positively, act and react responsibly. Our words should be graceful and edifying, not harsh and offensive to God and our fellow men (Proverbs 15:1; Psalms 19:14; Colossians 4:6). By doing this, you assume your ordained position in God through Christ and win more souls, expanding the Kingdom of God.
- Enemies of peace and rest in my life, jump out and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Robbers of joy in my life, your time is up, come out and die, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and anoint my tongue to speak wisely, in the name of Jesus.
- Inherited and acquired bad habits, I reject you. Release me and die, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, help me to live a life that is pleasing unto You, in the name of Jesus.
- Collective captivity of my father’s house and of my mother’s house, break and release me, in the name of Jesus.
- Anything that will disqualify me from eternity in heaven, O God, arise and deliver me from it, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – January 26, 2021 – DAY 20
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- Anywhere evil is being planned against this church, let the consultant and the one consulting receive the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Spirit of genuine repentance and revival, baptise every member of this church, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power, that will like to attack this church in the night or at anytime, let the ground open up and swallow it, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, clothe this church with the garment of fire, in Jesus’ name.
- Weapons of death, hired against me, return to the body of your sender, in the name of Jesus.
- Occult tongue, speaking against me, wither and dry up, in the name of Jesus.
- Wicked powers, making dangerous sacrifices in my name, sleep and never wake up, in the name of Jesus.
- Evil load from the grave, go back to your senders, in the name of Jesus.
- Evil load of darkness, containing my name, be consumed by fire, in Jesus’ name.
- Any power that handed me over to wicked elders for strong battles, O Lord, waste them without mercy, in the name of Jesus.
- Demonic city, where they manufactured evil against me, I set you ablaze, in the name of Jesus.
- I wash my head, with the blood of Jesus, to receive the crown of glory, in the name of Jesus.
- O horn of salvation, save me from the wrath of my adversaries, in Jesus’ name.
- By the power that lifted up the bagger from the dunghill, O God, arise and promote me to the palace of my destiny, in the name of Jesus.