January 28, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Evils Of Polygamy
TOPIC: Evils Of Polygamy
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 46-47
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Genesis 2:18-25 (KJV)
18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
MEMORY VERSE: “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” – Genesis 2:24
Polygamy causes a lot of strife and unhealthy rivalry, so run away from it.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
BY THE BLOOD JESUS CHRIST, YOU ARE RELEASED FROM THE CAGE OF POLYGAMOUS ENEMIES, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
Polygamy is a kind of marriage in which a man marries more than one wife. It creates bitter rivalry between family members and can lead to witchcraft in the name of seeking for protection for children among the wives.
Marriage is the first institution established by God Himself. God gave it as a gift to Adam and Eve. It is the union of one man and one woman (Genesis 2:24). The idea of a woman getting married to more than one man (polyandry) and two male persons or two female persons getting married are all strange and unbiblical.
God never supported polygamy. Its consequences are terrible and numerous. Some Bible examples will make this clearer. First, Abraham married Hagar, Sarah’s maid, out of pressure. Because Sarah was unable to bear him children, she gave Hagar her maid to Abraham. This union led to bitterness between Sarah and Hagar. Not only this, the descendants of Ishmael (the product of the union which was not from God) became a thorn in the flesh of the body of Christ till today.
Second, although Jacob served Laban for Rachael, he was deceived. Leah was given to him instead of Rachael, but because of the love he had for Rachael, he served another seven years to have her also. This act of Jacob created disaffection so much between the two sisters. Jealousy and envy also spread from the mothers to their children. The rivalry and envy among the children made them to sell Joseph into slavery.
Similarly, David married more than one wife. Polygamy had adverse consequences in the life of David also: Ammon raped his half-sister; Tamar, and Absalom murdered Ammon because of his rape offence (2 Samuel 13:1-14). There was also rivalry and contest for the throne between Solomon and Adonijah (1 Kings 1:1-5). Solomon, David’s son, inherited the evil of polygamy from his father. He married many wives and concubines. The strange and unbelieving women led him away from God to idolatry.
An adage in Yoruba language (a tribe in Nigeria) says, “Ile olorogun, ile ogun” i.e. the home with many wives is a war front.” In other words, the more the wives a man marries, the more the problems he will have to contend with. Polygamy is a terrible thing, beloved. There is this saying: “One woman, one problem, two women, two problems and many women, many problems.” Polygamy leads to witchcraft in the name of protecting and trying to make one’s child or children to be above that of the co-wife or wives. Beloved, to have a peaceful and loving home, you must follow the manual and instructions of the Manufacturer of marriage: one man, one wife.
- The battle of polygamous witchcraft against my life shall not prosper, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, purge my heart from the spirit of polygamy, in the name of Jesus.
- The evil flow of the river of polygamy from my ancestry, dry up now, in the name of Jesus.
- I cut off my life from bondage to polygamy, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, forgive me of the sin of ancestral polygamy, in the name of Jesus.
- You bondage to polygamy in my life, break now, in the name of Jesus.
- Battle of polygamy attacking my destiny, die now, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – January 28, 2021 – DAY 22
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- Every anti-heaven spirit, within the church, get out, in the name of
- Lord, increase in the lives of our members and pastors; help us to know You more, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, convert the prayers of this church to fire, and wherever it goes let it perform its purpose, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let every spiritual and physical blessing of this church, be released, in the name of Jesus.
- Poverty and hopelessness of the dunghill, release me now, in the name of Jesus.
- My glory, my glory, my glory, what are you doing in the refuse dump? Arise, locate me and catapult me to the throne of glory, in the name of Jesus.
- Thou throne of God, overthrow the cubicle of shame in my life, in Jesus’ name.
- Every altar of trouble, given to me as a gift, be consume by fire, in Jesus’ name.
- Altar from the pit of hell, killing my destiny, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Stubborn battles, that have vowed not to leave me, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power, planning my death, be exposed and be disgraced, in Jesus’ name.
- Any power, sent on a mission to destroy my life, be disappointed, in Jesus’ name.
- Every wicked move, assigned to trap me, scatter by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, disguising as my helpers, to know my secrets and increase my battles, run mad and die, in the name of Jesus.