February 1, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Spirit-Led Versus Self-Led Worshippers
TOPIC: Spirit-Led Versus Self-Led Worshippers
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 7-9
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Romans 8:7-9 (KJV)
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
MEMORY VERSE: “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” – Galatians 5:16
If you want to be led by the Spirit of God, then devote yourself to the world of God.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
HENCEFORTH, THE SPIRIT OF GOD WILL LEAD, GUIDE AND BLESS YOU DAY BY DAY, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
In every generation and congregation, there are two types of worshippers. The first are called carnally-minded or self-led worshippers. The second are the Spirit-led or God-led worshippers. Spirit-led worshippers enjoy intimacy with God and they get His special blessings unhindered. The carnally-minded or self-led worshippers do not. Rather, they deprive themselves of the best that God freely bestows on His children.
Being spiritually minded means the entire focus of your being, spirit, soul and body, is on the things which emanate from the Spirit. Being carnally minded is to be self-led instead of Spirit-led. The Bible affirms that to be carnally minded is death. Carnally-minded worshippers are not subject to the law of God and do not submit to His word and direction. They are hostile, disobedient, self-centered and selfish. The carnally minded and the Spirit-led worshippers do not weigh the same on the scale of the Almighty God; neither do they receive the same reward from Him. That is why it is important that you choose to be Spirit-led from now.
The Bible is replete with examples of individuals who were self-led and reaped painful consequences for their actions: As long as Adam and Eve were God-led, they enjoyed intimacy with God, served as overseers and superintendents over the Garden of Eden and exercised dominion over all the works of God. However, they lost these privileges and status when they willfully chose to be self-led and carnally-minded.
Abraham was self-led when he accepted the suggestion of his wife, Sarah, to take their maid Hagar, as wife. He was not God-led; neither did he check with God. The consequences of Abraham’s wrong action are still evident in the world today. Judas Iscariot was privileged to be among Jesus’ twelve disciples. His carnal mind led him to accept the bribe offered him and to betray His Master. He committed suicide at the end of the day.
Beloved, whether 2021 turns out to be a sweet memorial (an unforgettable year) for you or an ordinary and uneventful year, is up to you. The power to determine this lies in the decisions you make. A very important decision you must make as a believer in this year is to be Spirit-led and not self-led or carnally minded. Be Spirit-led in your service and giving to God. This decision alone is capable of making the year 2021 your best year ever!
- I mortify the flesh and the carnal nature by the power in the blood of Jesus.
- My Father, deliver me from self, and help me to love You more than myself and pleasure, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the grace to be a Spirit led worshipper, henceforth, in the name of Jesus.
- I overcome the works of the flesh by the power in the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, quicken me spiritually, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, help me to always submit to Your will, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, give me the grace to walk in the Spirit, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – February 1, 2021 – DAY 26
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- Every spiritual barrier and limitation, to success, in the lives of the congregation, we command it to break into pieces, in Jesus’ name.
- We command all the seeds of failure in the lives of the congregation to be consumed by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- We stand against every power that pushes people into error in the midst of congregation, in the name of Jesus.
- Every spiritual barrier and limitation, to progress, in the lives of the congregation, break into pieces, in Jesus’ name.
- Any power, assigned to use evil ground to hook my destiny, receive the judgement of death, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, wearing rags to represent me in the spirit realm, run mad and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, assigned to drive me out of my promised land, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, sitting tight on what belongs to me, saying it will never get to me, O God, arise and consume them, in the name of Jesus.
- Battles from the dead, hunting my life, you have missed your way, expire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every satanic sword, sharpened against my joy, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every voice, commanding me to carry the evil load of my father’s house, be silenced, in the name of Jesus.
- Covenant of the wicked elders, to make me rise from my sleep and cry over my destiny, break by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, assigned to cut short the days of my joy, die, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and make me a prayer warrior that fights and wins battles, in the name of Jesus.