February 2, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Wisdom For Giving (I)
TOPIC: Wisdom For Giving (I)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 10-12
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Genesis 4:1-11 (KJV)
1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother’s keeper?
10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother’s blood crieth unto me from the ground.
11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother’s blood from thy hand;
MEMORY VERSE: “By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.” – Hebrews 11:4
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
I PROPHESY THAT HENCEFORTH, YOUR GIVING SHALL PROVOKE OPEN-HEAVEN EXPERIENCE FOR YOU, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
Giving is one of the veritable keys God has given believers to access His amazing treasures, inexhaustible resources and to enjoy His security over all He gives to them. Yet, giving is among the most misinterpreted, least understood, most untapped privileges God has given man. The grave consequence of this is that many believers live in poverty when they should live in super abundance. As a believer, you need wisdom for giving. What you give and how you give to God will go a long way in determining the quality of your walk with God and the rewards you get from Him here and in eternity.
The Bible presents an interesting story that buttresses this point in Genesis 4. The two sons of Adam and Eve; Cain and Abel, were the central characters. Genesis 4:3-5 reads, “And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.”
God accepted the person as well as the sacrifice of Abel. The same God rejected Cain and his offering. Why? In the New Testament, the Bible further affirms that God respected Abel’s person and sacrifice while he rejected Cain’s. Hebrew 11:4 says, “By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.” Many have asked why God accepted the person and offering of Abel while He rejected the person and offering of Cain, his brother. God is not partial.
Some theologians said that Abel brought blood sacrifice and they supported their claim with the Scripture that “there is no remission of sin without the shedding of blood”. They also further buttressed this standpoint with the claim that Adam covered his nakedness with animal skin. The same category of theologians also said that Cain, on the other hand, brought an offering from the ground that was cursed to God. However, these theologians are not right. God did not respect one because of his profession (shepherd) and reject the other because of his profession (farmer). The issue is not in the offering, but in the quality of it.
What Cain did was to bring left over of the fruit of the ground as offering to God. On the other hand, Abel brought the first born of his flock to God. God’s instruction was very clear. Exodus 23:19a and Exodus 34:26a affirm this verbatim: “The first of the firstfruits of thy land, thou shalt bring into the house of the LORD thy God.”
The heart attitude was the difference between Cain and Abel. Cain’s heart attitude was not right towards God. That is why his offering was deficient and rejected. The same wrong heart attitude that derived from his carnal mind led him to react with anger and murder his brother (Abel) when God rejected his offering and accepted Abel’s. So, before you offer your first fruits, tithes and other services to God, make sure your heart attitudes are right. Also, make sure you are Spirit-led and not self-led or carnally minded.
- I will not go the way of Cain and will not commit the error of Balaam, in the name of Jesus.
- Anything in me or around me that can make God reject me and my offering to Him, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, by Your mercy, make my heart attitude towards You to be always right, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the grace to put God first and give Him my best always, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, by Your mercy, after the order of Abel, have respect for me and my offering, in the name of Jesus.
- My offering and service to God will not go unrewarded, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, deliver me from self-centeredness and selfishness, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – February 2, 2021 – DAY 27
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- We command all agents of failure in the lives of the congregation, to be consumed by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, let the wind of the Holy Spirit blow in His fullness, into the lives of the congregation, in the name of Jesus.
- We stand against the spirit of broken homes in the lives of the congregation, in the name of Jesus.
- We stand against every business attack and financial failures in the lives of the congregation, in the name of Jesus.
- Every sword of darkness, assigned to cut off my head when I want to rise, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every dark door, associated with my destiny, scatter by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, assigned to naked me and make my die in shame, die violently, in the name of Jesus.
- Every sacrifice, offered to waste my existence, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- I cut off, the head of every foundational Goliath in my family, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, seeking my head, to carry to evil altar, surrender your own head, in the name of Jesus.
- Every Goliath, holding my life like a hopeless thing, release my life and die, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and let the wicked elders, mocking me, lick the dust of disgrace, in the name of Jesus.
- Every covenant, joining me with wicked elders, break by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every agreement, by wicked judgement to make me suffer, scatter by fire, in the name of Jesus.