April 28, 2021 CAC Living Water Devotional : Topic – ALIGN OR ALONE?
LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Wednesday, April 28, 2021 – World Day for safety & Health at Work
ALIGN OR ALONE?
Read: Psalm 23:1-6
Psalms 23:1-6 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Among many other things, there are 3 major factors the sheep loop up to the shepherd for.
1. PROVISION: One of the major benefits the sheep enjoys from aligning with the shepherd is provision of food, water, shelter, and other life-enhancing facilities (cf.Psa.23:1). The obedient and submissive sheep enjoys great supply from the shepherd (Phil.4:19).
2. PROTECTION: 1 Samuel 17v33-35 shows us how David protected his father’s flock in the face of wild animals (cf.Psa.23:4). The confidence the sheep has in the shepherd’s love and care for his safety cannot be over emphasised. Just as a mother-hen protects her chicks under her wings at the sense of an eagle, so does the Shepherd protects his flocks. Therefore, a wise sheep willingly aligns himself to the will of the shepherd.
3. DIRECTION: It is not news that the sheep is known for its foolishness and lack of direction. It is the shepherd who leads the sheep in the right path. The shepherd knows where danger is, and helps the sheep to avoid it. He directs the sheep to the green pasture. (Psa. 23:2-3).
However, if any sheep decides to go its own way, and does not align with the way and will of the shepherd, it becomes the enemy’s prey (cf.Jn.15v6). Being under our Shepherd and the sheep know and recognise each other well. Are you actually under Jesus, our perfect Shepherd, or you merely claim so? Does He recognise you as His own? Stop being a lone-ranger, because only those He recognise as His sheep Enjoy all He has to offer. Shalom!
1. Lord, I willingly yield and align myself to Your will and guidance.
2. Lord, I submit my self totally to Your tutelage so I can enjoy all the benefits You have for me.
3. Lord, help secure all factory workers everywhere as they labour harsh conditions, so that they do not get injured or become incapacitated.
EXTRA READINGS FOR TODAY: 1 Samuel 13v3-14v43; Luke 18v31-19v9