RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 13-19) TEACHER’S MANUAL FOR APRIL 25, 20201 : TOPIC – ACTS OF PRAYER
RCCG 2020/2021 ZEAL (AGE 13-19)
TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 25TH OF APRIL, 2021
LESSON THIRTY FOUR (34)
TOPIC: ACTS OF PRAYER
BIBLE TEXT: Luke 18:1-8
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
MEMORY VERSE: Eph 6:18 “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
HYMN FOR TODAY:
What a friend we have in Jesus Hymn 501
LESSON AIM: To let the teens know what prayer is all about.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Because God has fashioned our hearts individually, our prayers need to flow naturally out of our hearts and be consistent with the way He has designed us.
INTRODUCTION: Everything about our spiritual lives depends on our personal faith in God and our personal relationship with Him. We can enjoy that relationship because Jesus’ death on the cross gives us free, unhindered access to our heavenly Father and our faith makes it possible for us to have an intimate, dynamic, relationship with Him. (Ephesians 3:12).
A. Acts of Prayer:
1. Worship in truth and in spirit – John 4:23, Psalm 100:4
2. Consecration and Commitment – Psalm 25:1, 1 Cor 6: 19-20
3. A.., S,….K,…..James 4:2, Matt 7:7
4. Intercession and Agreement – Matt 18:19-20
B. Keys to powerful prayer:
1. Obedience to God and His Instructions. Jere 7:23
2. Walking in Gods righteousness and holiness. Sin hinders your ability to pray – Prov 15:29
3. Fervency and consistency – James 5:16
4. Prayer without faint – Luke 18:1
5. Believe in the authority of prayers and the force being generated when you pray.
6. Be good to people. Walk in Love – Prov 21:13
7. Forgive others – Mark 11:25
8. Faith is required – Heb 11:6
C. Hindrances to answered prayers.
1. When you have sinned – Psalm 66:18
2. Praying out of the will of God.
3. When you ask amiss – James 4:3
4. Worry, doubt, anxiety – Phil 4:6
5. Ingratitude a lack of gratitude indicates that something is not right in a person’s heart
DISCUSSION: How do you overcome prayerlessness?
INVITATION/ APPLICATION: A man who prays is the greatest threat to the devil. Decide to gain mastery of this act. And remember that the prayers of a sinner is an abomination to God, so live a holy life!
CONCLUSION: God wants our prayers to be honest and heartfelt, and He wants our communication with Him unhindered by rules, regulations, legalism and obligation. He intends for prayer to be an integral part of our everyday lives – the easiest thing we do each day.
PRAYER: Father Lord, please give me the power to pray and pray through.
• What is God saying in the text?
• How can I apply this to my life?
MY PRAYER POINT FOR THE LESSON:
Father Lord, please give me the power to pray and pray through.