July 15, 2021 Open Heaven Devotional : Topic – Faith: A Dimension Of Reality
Topic: Faith: A Dimension Of Reality
Memorise: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Read: Genesis 12:1-4
- Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will show thee:
- And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
- And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
- So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.
- The concept of faith is a great one and it is backed by evidence. For example, Hebrews 11:8 says:
“By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.”
This was faith in action. This is why the Bible says in Hebrews 11:6
“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
We need faith to experience the supernatural. Jesus said in Mark 11:22-23
“… Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.”
This means that our faith must be in the God who never fails. Jeremiah 17:5 says:
“Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.”
In the light of our Bible reading of today, faith is simply accepting the verdict of God in all situations. Faith is saying Yes, Lord. We must learn to identify the will of God as we exercise our faith. Jesus Christ exercised His faith in the will of His Father when He prayed in Luke 22:42 :
“…Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless, not my will, but thine, be done.”
God will give you that kind of faith in Jesus name. The reality of Jesus type of faith is the one that cries Thy will be done O, Lord even in the face of adversity. This was also the type of faith that made Job say:
“Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.”
“Job 13:15”This is the type of faith that glorifies God; it is the type that will ultimately take us to heaven.
Father, please grant me the grace to say Yes Lord to Your will in every situation of my life, in Jesus name.
Bible in One Year
JESUS, MY LORD, MY GOD, MY ALL
- Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all,
hear me, blest Savior, when I call;
hear me, and from thy dwelling place
pour down the riches of thy grace.
Jesus, my Lord, I thee adore;
O make me love thee more and more.
- Jesus, too late I thee have sought;
how can I love thee as I ought?
And how extol thy matchless fame,
the glorious beauty of thy name?
- Jesus, what didst thou find in me
that thou hast dealt so lovingly?
How great the joy that thou hast brought,
so far exceeding hope or thought!
- Jesus, of thee shall be my song;
to thee my heart and soul belong;
all that I have or am is thine,
and thou, blest Savior, thou art mine.
Open Heaven 15th July 2021 Devotional Guide. RCCG Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC
- Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all,