June 26, 2019 LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE : TOPIC – BELIEVE HIM
Click to read Completed Bible Stories here
THE LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Friday, June 26, 2019
TOPIC – BELIEVE HIM
Read Genesis 6:11-22
11. The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
14. Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.
15. And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
16. A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.
17. And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.
18. But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons’ wives with thee.
19. And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
20. Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.
21. And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.
22. Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
MEMORISE: God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)
To believe is to take someone for his word. It is trusting without reservation. It means we have to confidently depend on Him who neither can fails nor disappoints.
Noah believed what God said about his world. He built the ark as directed. His singular act saved the generation of men. He only needed to trust God for it to happen. Gideon received the promise of victory against the Midianites. It happened according to God’s words (Jdg. 6:16; 8:28). He promised Hannah a son in Shiloh, and it was done to her (1 Sam. 1:17, 27). God’s promises to David were done to him. David believed God and all he said; they all came to pass (Psa. 89:19-21). Why? God has the power to do (cf. Rom. 4:21). God’s promise was fulfilled to Paul (Acts 27:22-25).
God promised to bless our works (cf. Psa. 37:5; Pro. 16:3). He kept His promise to bless Isaac. He asked Isaac not to leave Gerar, despite the hostility there. Isaac believed and obeyed, and got bountiful harvest (Gen. 26:13). He cannot fail on His promise.
Trusting and believing God may be tasking, yet you can achieve it. Is there anything committed to you? All you need is to believe and trust His ability to deliver on His promises. If He did it for great men of old, He will surely do it for you. All you need is right attitude towards the assignment, seeing the possibility of God in it. Take God for His words. He can never lie (Num. 23:19).
1. Help me to put my absolute trust in You in all situations of life, O Lord.
2. O Lord, I trust You that You can never lie. I therefore eagerly, without doubt, expect the fulfilment of all Your promises for me.
3. Open our eyes to see in Your Word, and believe all the promises You have made available to us.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Job 11:20 – 14:9; Acts 21:13 – 21:34
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE