January 12, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – The All-Sufficient God (II)
Read previous MFM Devotionals here
TOPIC: The All-Sufficient God (II)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 32-34
FIRE SCRIPTURE: 2 Kings 7:1-20 (KJV)
1 Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the LORD, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria.
2 Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the LORD would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
3 And there were four leprous men at the entering in of the gate: and they said one to another, Why sit we here until we die?
4 If we say, We will enter into the city, then the famine is in the city, and we shall die there: and if we sit still here, we die also. Now therefore come, and let us fall unto the host of the Syrians: if they save us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall but die.
5 And they rose up in the twilight, to go unto the camp of the Syrians: and when they were come to the uttermost part of the camp of Syria, behold, there was no man there.
6 For the Lord had made the host of the Syrians to hear a noise of chariots, and a noise of horses, even the noise of a great host: and they said one to another, Lo, the king of Israel hath hired against us the kings of the Hittites, and the kings of the Egyptians, to come upon us.
7 Wherefore they arose and fled in the twilight, and left their tents, and their horses, and their asses, even the camp as it was, and fled for their life.
8 And when these lepers came to the uttermost part of the camp, they went into one tent, and did eat and drink, and carried thence silver, and gold, and raiment, and went and hid it; and came again, and entered into another tent, and carried thence also, and went and hid it.
9 Then they said one to another, We do not well: this day is a day of good tidings, and we hold our peace: if we tarry till the morning light, some mischief will come upon us: now therefore come, that we may go and tell the king’s household.
10 So they came and called unto the porter of the city: and they told them, saying, We came to the camp of the Syrians, and, behold, there was no man there, neither voice of man, but horses tied, and asses tied, and the tents as they were.
11 And he called the porters; and they told it to the king’s house within.
12 And the king arose in the night, and said unto his servants, I will now shew you what the Syrians have done to us. They know that we be hungry; therefore are they gone out of the camp to hide themselves in the field, saying, When they come out of the city, we shall catch them alive, and get into the city.
13 And one of his servants answered and said, Let some take, I pray thee, five of the horses that remain, which are left in the city, (behold, they are as all the multitude of Israel that are left in it: behold, I say, they are even as all the multitude of the Israelites that are consumed:) and let us send and see.
14 They took therefore two chariot horses; and the king sent after the host of the Syrians, saying, Go and see.
15 And they went after them unto Jordan: and, lo, all the way was full of garments and vessels, which the Syrians had cast away in their haste. And the messengers returned, and told the king.
16 And the people went out, and spoiled the tents of the Syrians. So a measure of fine flour was sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, according to the word of the LORD.
17 And the king appointed the lord on whose hand he leaned to have the charge of the gate: and the people trode upon him in the gate, and he died, as the man of God had said, who spake when the king came down to him.
18 And it came to pass as the man of God had spoken to the king, saying, Two measures of barley for a shekel, and a measure of fine flour for a shekel, shall be to morrow about this time in the gate of Samaria:
19 And that lord answered the man of God, and said, Now, behold, if the LORD should make windows in heaven, might such a thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
20 And so it fell out unto him: for the people trode upon him in the gate, and he died.
MEMORY VERSE: “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9
The great and mighty God is the only ONE capable of doing the unthinkable to care for His children.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
YOU WILL EXPERIENCE THE GREATNESS OF GOD IN EVERY AREA OF YOUR LIFE, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
When we refer to God as the All-Sufficient One, what we mean is that no matter what happens, He can take care of you, if you trust in Him. God will see you through your time of trials; He will send you comfort and consolation when necessary and take care of your financial needs. According to our Fire Scriptures, the city of Samaria was under seige, nothing could come in or go out and the people had already started killing their children for food. When God saw their situation, He arose as the All-Sufficient One that He is, and provided abundant supplies for them in the camp of their enemies. What a miracle! He sure works in miraculous ways.
Also See: Open Heaven 12 January 2021 – MCY: Pride
Beloved, what can’t God, the All-Sufficient One do? Nothing is impossible to our God. A certain man who had no feet attended a crusade where he heard the word of faith and believed. Straightway, he went to a shoe shop to buy shoes. The shop keeper looked at his legs and asked him what size he wanted. He mentioned a size and they gave it to him. As he sat down to try on the shoe, behold he physically grew new feet. The All-Sufficient God knows your needs and how to satisfy them. Have faith in Him and you will be settled.
God demonstrated the power of His name El Shaddai in setting the children of Israel free from slavery, in being their protection day and night, in providing for all their needs and taking them to the Promised Land. He parted the Red Sea, made Israel to pass through it on dry ground and drowned Pharaoh and his army in the same sea. He rained manna down from heaven, gave them water from the rock and discomfited kings and nations before them. Above all, God’s all-sufficiency can be seen in the way He perfectly solved the sin problem that held mankind in satan’s captivity by sending His only begotten Son to die and set man free. His gift of salvation, deliverance, healing and provisions are proofs that He is more than enough for our needs.
I pray that the All-Sufficient God will journey with you and make this year a glorious one for you, in Jesus’ name.
- My Father, My Father, My Father, visit me today, in the name of Jesus.
- Wherever I appear, God will lift me to the rock that is higher than me, in the name of Jesus.
- Every battle surrounding my glory, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
- Every curse working against my life, break now, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, let Your glory shine upon me, in the name of Jesus.
- Root of impossibility in my life, be uprooted by the thunder fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- O God of miracles, signs and wonders, appear in my life, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – January 12, 2021 – DAY 6
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- By the blood of Jesus, we break every demonic covenant made, between any of our leaders and agents of satan against this church, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, anoint our ministers and pastors like warriors, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, deliver all our pastors, ministers and leaders from satanic distractions, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, deliver the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, worldwide from distractions and stagnation, in the name of Jesus.
- Chains of my captivity, break by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Light of God, arise and kill my ignorance, in the name of Jesus.
- Rages and furnace of afﬂiction prepared for me, consume your owner, in the name of Jesus.
- Sword of afﬂiction, assigned against me, devour your owner, in the name of Jesus.
- Sword of sorrow and blood, be broken to pieces, in the name of Jesus.
- Sword of poverty and disease, I destroy you, in the name of Jesus.
- Sword of divine judgement, slay every wicked prophet, and their wicked prophecies against me, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and sweep away, every power fighting my glory, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and command all the haters of my destiny to run mad, in Jesus’ name.
- Every storm, programmed against the ship of my destiny, be still, in Jesus’ name.