January 17, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Navigating Through A Season Of Famine (II)
TOPIC: Navigating Through A Season Of Famine (II)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 16-18
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Genesis 26:1-12 (KJV)
1 And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.
2 And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:
3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
6 And Isaac dwelt in Gerar:
7 And the men of the place asked him of his wife; and he said, She is my sister: for he feared to say, She is my wife; lest, said he, the men of the place should kill me for Rebekah; because she was fair to look upon.
8 And it came to pass, when he had been there a long time, that Abimelech king of the Philistines looked out at a window, and saw, and, behold, Isaac was sporting with Rebekah his wife.
9 And Abimelech called Isaac, and said, Behold, of a surety she is thy wife: and how saidst thou, She is my sister? And Isaac said unto him, Because I said, Lest I die for her.
10 And Abimelech said, What is this thou hast done unto us? one of the people might lightly have lien with thy wife, and thou shouldest have brought guiltiness upon us.
11 And Abimelech charged all his people, saying, He that toucheth this man or his wife shall surely be put to death.
12 Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.
MEMORY VERSE: “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.” – Proverbs 3:5
Faith is the light that guides you through the darkness.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
YOUR FAITH WILL BE INCREASED AND STRENGTHENED DAY BY DAY BY THE LORD, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
We began to examine how you can successfully navigate through a season of famine yesterday. We concluded that first, you must make right decisions and ensure that such helpful decisions are God-directed. Do you hear God? If you do not, you need to move your spiritual life to that level so that the enemy does not keep short-changing you.
Today, we are going to look at another step you can take to navigate through a season of famine. Beloved, you need unwavering faith. You need the faith that believes the incredible, sees the invisible and achieve the impossible. You also need the faith that staggers not at the promises of God but is fully persuaded that the One who has promised will do it (Romans 4:21). You need faith to rise above the storms of life.
The story of Isaac during the famine recorded in Genesis 26 readily comes to mind. Isaac, reacting on impulse and self-will decided to go down to Egypt in order to escape the excruciating pain of famine ravaging the land. However, God told him to remain in Gerar and that He would bless him there. Isaac believed God. His faith accounted for the ear-tingling testimonies that followed. His faith in God propelled him to farm in the same land during the famine. Some of the Philistines would have mocked him, but he knew who he believed. It is worth to note that Isaac did not reap the day he sowed. His rock-like and living faith in God made him keep working and trusting God. In the end, he got a hundred-fold harvest and became so prosperous that the Philistines envied him.
Beloved, if you experience a famine, go to God for direction. Spend quality time alone with Him and get His will on what you should do. No matter how illogical, difficult or impracticable the guidance from God may be, believe Him. He is ever faithful. I pray that your faith will grow stronger and will neither fail nor falter. Also, believe His promise that you will not be ashamed in the evil time and even in the time of famine, you will be satisfied (Psalm 37:19). When you have faith that God will perform whatever He has promised, you will prosper so much and become the envy of other people.
- Father, give me the faith to rise above the storms of life, in the name of Jesus.
- My faith will neither fail nor dwindle, in the name of Jesus.
- I will not be ashamed in the evil time and during famine, I shall be satisfied, in the name of Jesus.
- I declare that the Lord is my Shepherd and I shall not want, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, strengthen and increase my faith, in the name of Jesus.
- The season of famine will not swallow me, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, by faith, let me obtain a great testimony in this season, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – January 17, 2021 – DAY 11
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- Every Judas Iscariot, around the ministry, family and divine assignment of Dr D.K. Olukoya, Father, expose and disgrace them, in Jesus’ name.
- Holy Ghost, touch all our youths and teenagers with Your fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus Christ, flow through the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, let every enemy, believing he has grown beyond the reach of destruction and judgment in this country, be punished now, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power, feeding evil trees against me, l command a death notice upon you, in the name of Jesus.
- Agents of darkness, holding ancestral records against me, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil command, from wicked mouth against me, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
- Every ancient tree, receiving sacrifices against me, sword of God, cut it down, in the name of Jesus.
- My virtues, kept in the tree of darkness, come out and locate me now, in the name of Jesus.
- Every tree, standing against my success journey, sword of fire, cut it down, in the name of Jesus.
- Breeze of the elders, sweeping my testimonies away, catch fire, in Jesus‘ name.
- Witchcraft defecation, upon my head, blood of Jesus, wash it away, in the name of Jesus.
- Sacrifices, offered to feed demons for my sake, lose your power over me, in the name of Jesus.
- Dagon, god of the waters, any sacrifice you have received on behalf of my life, I destroy it, in the name of Jesus.