January 24, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – God Our Emmanuel
TOPIC: God Our Emmanuel
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 35-37
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Matthew 1:22-23 (KJV)
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
MEMORY VERSE: “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.” – Isaiah 7:14
The strongest currency that can never be devalued is the presence of God.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
FROM THIS DAY FORWARD, SITUATIONS AND CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BOW TO YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE GOD, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
One of the names given to our Lord Jesus Christ is EMMANUEL, which means “God with us.” It means God is present where man is. Since God and His word are inseparable, it shows that all of God’s promises are for those that believe in Him. This means that God can be reached by you and me. He is very near and real.
The word “Emmanuel” first appeared as a prophecy in Isaiah 7:14. This word was given as a sign to King Ahaz of Judah to indicate God’s grace and mission to deliver and save His people; Israel, by His outstretched arm and to frustrate the efforts of their enemies (Isaiah 8:10) and pour His blessings upon them.
The prophecy was later fulfilled in the book of Matthew 1:21-23, where it was stated that God would bring salvation and deliverance to His own people and to the entire human race through the birth, crucifixion, death, burial and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. What is the implication of this?
Beloved, if you have accepted that sacrifice and the atonement of the Lord Jesus, then God is with you and has a beautiful plan for you. He has promised never to leave you nor forsake you. He is intimately involved in your life (Revelation 21:3). What an assuring and comforting truth we have. ‘God with us’, Halleluyah! You have no need that He cannot meet, no burden so big He cannot bear. He knows your pain and sees your difficulty. He will walk you through them gallantly.
In the Old Testament, God manifested as the fourth man in the fiery furnace and helped Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego. He was also with Daniel in the den of lions and they could not devour him. He said to you “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee” (Isaiah 43:2). Today, Jesus Christ has brought God’s presence to man. God is now with His people to save, heal, deliver and bless them. He is with you!
However, if you have not accepted Christ as your Lord and Saviour, then ‘God with us’ is not for you. Repent today and turn to Him so that His awesome presence can be with you even to the end of age.
- Holy Spirit, help me to be conscious of God’s presence, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the consciousness of God’s presence bring me fresh courage and boldness, in the name of Jesus.
- Every habit and character that will remove the presence of God from my life, be uprooted, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the presence of God frustrate the conspiracy of the enemies over my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Covenant-keeping God, let there be fulfilment of all the prophecies of God over my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, because of the blood of Jesus, arise and let my enemies be scattered, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let Your presence make my environment too hot for the enemy, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – January 24, 2021 – DAY 18
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- You enemies of this country, hear the word of the Lord, you are setting a trap for yourselves, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, let the wickedness of the wicked, come to an end, in Jesus’ name.
- Father Lord, seal every miracle you’ve performed in this church, in Jesus’ name.
- We reject, every evil arrangement concerning this church, and receive the arrangement of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Financial demons, plaguing my destiny, come out and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Arrows of financial debt, assigned against my income, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, trying to frustrate my life with dark prayers, O God, fail them, in the name of Jesus.
- Wall of disgrace and poverty, fashioned against me, collapse, in the name of Jesus.
- You devourers, hear the word of the Lord, vanish from my labour, in Jesus’ name.
- Powers, that have vowed to deal with anyone that wants to help me, run mad and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Battles, increasing my silent tears, die, in the name of Jesus.
- My glory that has been kept in a cage, since I was born, come out and locate me, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, terrify my enemies, as they are rejoicing on their evil plans against me, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and frustrate all the struggling of my enemies against me, in the name of Jesus.