January 30, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Lessons From The Life Of Enoch
TOPIC: Lessons From The Life Of Enoch
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 1-3
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Genesis 5:18-24 (KJV)
18 And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:
19 And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
20 And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died.
21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:
22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
25 And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech:
26 And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:
MEMORY VERSE: “By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.” – Hebrews 11:5
A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
RECEIVE THE ANOINTING TO IMPACT AND CHANGE YOUR WORLD FOR CHRIST, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
More often than not, life is not just about how long you live but how huge your impact is and how great a blessing you are to the lives of others. Enoch stands out among Old Testament characters that pleased God and made it into His hall of fame and the Bible’s list of the heroes of faith.
Also See: Open Heaven 30 January 2021 – Do Good!
Enoch was the father of Methuselah. Although he did not live as long as his son, Methuselah, he had greater intimacy with God and left a more worthwhile legacy. He is remembered by all Bible students as the man who walked with God and God took him to Himself without making him taste death. In fact, his was the first Bible account of a man who went to heaven without tasting death. Why did heaven accord him such a great privilege? Here are three reasons that the Bible offers. Each of them serves as a lesson for us in our walk with God and quest to make heaven.
First, Enoch walked with God (Genesis 5:24). He knew who God is and he walked humbly before Him in absolute obedience. He also knew what God demands: respect, reverence, holiness and exclusive worship (Leviticus 11:44) and His desire for fellowship with His children (Matthew 23:37). Beloved, do you want to walk with God as Enoch did? You must know who He is through His word and give Him what He demands and desires.
Second, Enoch enjoyed the special privilege that heaven accorded him because he pleased God (Hebrews 11:5). God desires that we live godly and walk in ways that are pleasing to Him. Colossians 1:10 affirms this, “That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God.” It takes faith for a believer to fully please God (Hebrews 11:6). After the birth of his son, Methuselah, at the age of 65, Enoch began a life of consistent close fellowship with God for three hundred years. The intimacy resulted in heaven’s score card on Enoch that he pleased God.
Third, Enoch enjoyed special privilege from heaven because he witnessed for God. His generation was known to be ungodly, wicked and pervert, but he lived for God. He told others what he knew about God and the blessings of personally trusting Him with one’s life. In Jude 1:14-16, the Bible affirms that he prophesied about the coming of the Lord and warned his generation against sin and unrighteousness. Beloved, I encourage you to emulate this worthy patriarch.
- Father, help me to walk with You acceptably, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, make me a shining example of a Christian in this generation, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, make me a faithful witness and soul winner for You in this generation, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, give me the grace to live a life of impact, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, teach me to consecrate my life to You and live totally for You, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, give me the grace to enjoy greater intimacy with You, in the name of Jesus.
- At the end of my journey in life, heaven shall be my reward, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – January 30, 2021 – DAY 24
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- Father, let the Angel of God hinder and stop, all the works of darkness in this church, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, quench all foreign fire in this church, and put Your own fire in it, in the name of Jesus.
- We pull down, all the strongholds of evil strangers in this church, in Jesus’ name.
- We cancel all the effects of evil marks, in the lives of the congregation, in the name of Jesus.
- My troubled-glory, arise and disgrace your troublers, in the name of Jesus.
- Any battle, assigned to make me move from problem to problem, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Dry wind of fire, arise and confuse the tongue of my enemies, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power, shooting at me from the grave, receive the arrows of death, in the name of Jesus.
- Every agenda of wicked elders, to transfer problems into my life, carry your load and die, in the name of Jesus.
- O mighty Man in battle, arise and fight my battles, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power, assigned to make it difficult for me to lift up my head, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Arrows, that want me to use my mouth to scatter my blessings, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power, using charms to stop my breakthroughs, run mad and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power, that has entered into any evil covenant, to block the flow of good things in my life, die, in the name of Jesus.