February 3, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Wisdom For Giving (II)
TOPIC: Wisdom For Giving (II)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 13-15
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Proverbs 3:9-10 (KJV)
9 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:
10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.
MEMORY VERSE: “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” – Matthew 6:33
We must give more in order to get more.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
BEGINNING FROM NOW, YOUR STOREHOUSE SHALL CONTINUOUSLY BE FILLED TO OVERFLOW, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
Beloved, there are many lessons to learn from the biblical story on the offering of Cain and Abel that we read yesterday. God is not interested in leftovers. Abel, in giving, respected God’s principles. Cain did not. Abel’s offering prioritised God and it was love-based. Cain’s offering did not offer the first and the best to God. It lacked genuine love. God always honours and rewards those who respect or obey His principles and put Him first in all their affairs.
In addition, Abel acted by faith. This made his offering to be more excellent than Cain’s. Anything that is not of faith is sin. Abel’s faith birthed complete, unquestioning and prompt obedience: he offered the right kind of sacrifice that God demanded from him. It takes a Spirit-led believer to live by faith and please God. Cain on the other hand was carnally-minded and self-led. Hence, he could not submit to God’s word or fulfill His demand.
In 2021, let your offering, service, tithe, first fruits, worship and entire life prioritise God. Offer the utmost to the Highest. Give God the first and the best place as well as the first and best gifts in your life. Let all your sacrifices to Him be faith-based and love-based.
Spirit-led believers put God first in their finances. They do not borrow, ‘eat’ or divert their tithes and first fruits to mundane uses. They neither engage in debates on whether New Testament believers should pay tithe or not, nor argue about whether they are to pay gross or net. Spirit-led believers are never stingy towards God and are never broke or stranded. They know that the more they give, the more they get. They give cheerfully and enjoy the covenant in Luke 6:38. They are permanently connected to heaven’s economy and God’s inexhaustible treasure house. I encourage you to join the blessed category of these Spirit-led givers and 2021 will mark the end of lack in your life!
- Father, help me to make my relationship with You love-based and faith-based, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, make me a prompt, unquestioning and completely obedient Christian, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, make me a cheerful, generous and untiring giver in Your kingdom, in the name of Jesus.
- Spirit of stinginess and hoarding, I bind you and cast you out of my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I overcome the devourer by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the key to God’s inexhaustible treasure house, in the name of Jesus.
- I declare that my finances are connected to the economy of heaven, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – February 3, 2021 – DAY 28
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- We stand against every attack by evil spirits in the lives of the congregation, in the name of Jesus.
- Anything, making the promises of God to fail, in the lives of the congregation, O Lord, we cancel them with the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, let Thy divine favour be upon every member of the congregation, in the name of Jesus.
- We command anything that hinders every member of the congregation from their blessing to give way, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, that want me to be in the grave, before my glory shines, run mad and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Arrows, fired to drag me to the land of mockery, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- Arrows, fired to kill me gradually, expire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every battle, assigned against my change of story to glory, die, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord, let my words become deadly swords against my enemies, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord, let the seats of comforts of my enemies become their graveyards, in the name of Jesus.
- The body of wicked elders, that are merciless against me shall become rotten, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, assigned to dry up the sources of my joy, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Demonic serpents, hiding in my life, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, mocking me at my back, O God, arise and kill them quickly, in Jesus’ name.