April 5, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Standing on God’s Promises (2)
TOPIC : Standing on God’s Promises (2)
Romans 4: 16-22
1 Kings 8:56 – “Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.”
Yesterday, we learnt the importance of knowing and appropriating God’s promises. We also learnt the conditions every believer needs to fulfil to turn the Father’s promises to personal testimonies. It is also important to know the characteristics of God’s promises as this would enable believers to further value them.
First, God’s promises are unfailing. Solomon had the privilege of building the house of God. He acknowledged that it was in fulfilment of God’s promise. In 1 Kings 8:56, he prayed thus, “Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.” Is there any promise of God you are believing Him for its fulfilment. It will never fail!
Second, God’s promises are assured by divine ability (Romans 4:21). Our God is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent. Nothing is impossible for Him. That should give you an assurance that whatever He has promised you, He is capable of fulfilling.
The Bible says that Abraham was blessed by God because He was fully persuaded that, what He had promised, He was able also to perform. You should borrow a leaf from him. It takes unwavering faith to claim God’s promises and turn them to testimonies.
Another characteristic of God’s promises is that they are grounded in Christ. 2 Cor. 1:20 says, “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” Christ’s sacrifice on the cross, stamped the authority of God on His promises to us.
Similarly, God’s promises are of infinite value. In 2 Pet. 1:4, the Bible says, “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust…” The blessings attached to every promise of God are unquantifiable and timeless.
Therefore, ensure that you attach the appropriate value to them. Lastly, God’s promises culminate in everlasting life. In 1 John 2:25, the Bible affirms this, “And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.” God is forever faithful. His promise of eternal life is for anyone who believes (John 6:47).
If you believe God and are living in His will, His promises for your life will never fail
Let God’s promises shine on your problems.
Henceforth, your life shall be a testimony of answered prayers and God’s fulfilled promises, in the name of Jesus.
HYMN – Firm are the promises standing
1. Firm are the promises standing, Nor can they ever fail. Sealed with the blood of our Jesus, They must, they shall avail!
Chorus: Heaven and earth may perish, Mountain and hill may vanish; Yet stands the Word we cherish, Ever to faith made sure.
2. Follow in Abraham’s footsteps, Turn to the heav’ns your eyes; Counting the stars without number, Your faith, your hope will rise.
3. Trust, though the darkness be falling Soon will the sun arise, Shedding bright beams in the morning O’er earth and sea and skies.
4. Trust, though the world may beset you; Faith has no dread or fear: Lo in the fiery furnace The Son of God draws near!
1. Father, I thank You for Your word that never fails, in the name of Jesus.
2. Father, I thank You because Your promises have unquantifiable and timeless blessings, in the name of Jesus.
3. Any power working against the fulfilment of God’s promises for my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
4. Strong man standing in the way of my angel of fulfilment, fall down and die, in the name of Jesus.
5. Divine helpers that will aid the fulfilment of God’s promises for my life, locate me now, in the name of Jesus.
6. Father, by Your mercy, turn Your precious promises for my life to testimonies, in the name of Jesus.
7. I claim God’s promises for prosperity, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 5th April 2021. The Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) is a Pentecostal denomination founded in Yaba, Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria in 1989, now with churches in several countries. It was founded by Daniel Kolawole Olukoya