AUGUST 29, 2021 CAC LIVING WATER DEV OTIONAL : TOPIC – ALTARS IN YOUR HOME
LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Sunday, August 29, 2021.
ALTARS IN YOUR HOME
Read: Leviticus 6:12-13
Leviticus 6:12-13 The fire on the altar must be kept burning; it must not go out. Every morning the priest is to add firewood and arrange the burnt offering on the fire and burn the fat of the fellowship offerings on it.
The fire must be kept burning on the altar continuously; it must not go out.
MEMORIZE: The fire must be kept burning on the altar continuously; it must not go out. (Leviticus 6:13)
If the home is in order, the church and, by extension, the society will be in order. Altar is a very significant point. It is a place where sacrifice is offered. If there is no altar, no platform for making atonement for sin (Lev.9v10). Christ’s blood was shed on the cross of Calvary, the altar where our sins remission was perfected. The patriarchs of faith made altars at every significant encounter with God (Gen.8v20,22v9, Exod.17v15). Today, altar has become mobile, i.e. in our heart. At home, there should be 5 altars that should work together for edification (eph.4v1ff):
1) Father’s altar: As the head, he must keep an altar. He must have personal relationship with God. On his personal altar, he prays, meditates in the Word, and keeps vigils. If the father can do this, Satan cannot gain entrance into the house (Ezek.33v7). He is the watchman and gateman of his house.
2) Mother’s altar: just like the father, the mother should have personal altar. Even they (husband and wife)share the same room and bed, the two principal altars cannot clash. It depends on how they handle it.
3. Father and Mothers altar: following the mother’s altar is the combination of the father and mother on the altar. If we have fathers and mothers who don’t pray together, then we have shambolic home! Husbands and wives who do not pray together lose 9000 since two shall chase 10000, and one can only chase 1000!
4) Children’s altar: The children also are not left out. They are to be taught how to pray before coming to the general family altar. Personal quite time of the children should not be toyed with, for it will assist them (Prov. 22v6).
5) General family altar: This is the point where every member of the family gathers for prayer, studies, discussions, rebukes, praises, vigils etc. All members must be made to participate in this regular refreshing process.
It is high time we returned to this order, for things to be orderly in our homes. Christ-centered families joyfully embrace this. Stay United in the Lord.
1. Lord, restore my home to enjoy Your blessings.
2. Holy Spirit, ignite Your fire upon the altars that must be in my home, so that we can be on fire for You.
3. Mention some homes to God that are at the verge of collapse that God should restore them unconditionally.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 84:11 – 89:6, 1 Cor. 3:15 – 4:13