MFM Daily Devotional For January 29, 2022 : Topic – What Type Of Giver Are You? (II)
TOPIC: What Type Of Giver Are You? (II)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 11, Job 12, Job 13, Job 14, Matthew 20:1-19, Psalm 17:6-12
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Genesis 22:1-19 (KJV)
1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
3 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.
4 Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.
5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
6 And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.
10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.
15 And the angel of the Lord called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
19 So Abraham returned unto his young men, and they rose up and went together to Beersheba; and Abraham dwelt at Beersheba.
MEMORY VERSE: “Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.” – 2 Corinthians 9:7
The one who lives for the world sake alone will have eternity to regret it.
PRAISE & WORSHIP
Take praise and worship songs as led by the Holy Spirit.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
I decree as from today, as you give joyfully to the lord, may you receive multiple and overflowing blessings, in the name of Jesus.
Mountain Top Life MESSAGE:
In continuation of yesterday’s discourse, we shall be looking into how the quality of your giving determines who you are and the level of your intimacy with God.
Your offerings and tithes reveal the kind of believer you are, your level of spiritual maturity and faithfulness. They depict whether you are eternity in heaven-focused or earth-focused.
The Bible has several examples of great givers that are worthy of emulation. One of such is the example of the wise men from the East who visited Jesus shortly after His birth. They were men of wisdom and wealth who sacrificed time and great effort to trace Jesus. When they eventually found His family, the Bible says, “. . . They saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.” (Matthew 2:11). I want you to note that these men had no hidden agenda, neither were they self-seeking. They came specifically to worship Jesus and bless His family with gifts. Their expectation was to give generously and receive nothing in return. Beloved, like these men, you need to have the right intentions and motivations when giving. Ensure that your heart is pure and God will bestow more blessings on you.
Similarly, in Exodus 25:2, God commanded Moses to tell the children of Israel to bring Him an offering. However, God added that Moses was to collect from only those who bring the offering willingly and with their hearts.
Abraham is a classic example of a willing giver, worthy of our emulation. In Genesis 22:1-19, the Bible tells us how he willingly offered his only son to God. God saw his faithfulness and replaced Isaac with a lamb for offering. He was mightily blessed for his act of faith, obedience and worship. Beloved, I encourage you to follow the example of the three wise men and Abraham. Your giving will touch heaven and you will be tremendously blessed here on earth and in eternity, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, help me to have the right intentions and motivations for giving, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, make me a willing giver, like Abraham, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, teach me how to give, when to give and where to give, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, accept my life and gifts as freewill offering, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, make me the type of giver You love and bless, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers assigned to rob me of my divine blessings, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, make me a cheerful giver, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
QUENCHING THE RAGE
These prayers are to be prayed between 12:00 am and 12:15 am.
DAY 23: Saturday, January 29, 2022
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- Every power boasting against the prayers of this church, we command such power to bow, in the Name of Jesus.
- Father, give all our members and pastors hunger for righteousness and godliness, in the Name of Jesus.
- O Lord, cause it to happen, that the failure of the devil will advance in this church, in the Name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, make the spiritual life of every member of MFM to be too hot for the enemy to handle, in the Name of Jesus.
- O Lord, reveal Your mightiness over the battle of my life, in the Name of Jesus.
- People will celebrate the favour of God with me this month, in the Name of Jesus.
- Anointing of the Lord Almighty, begin to flow upon my life, in the Name of Jesus.
- Healing anointing, rest upon my life, in the Name of Jesus.
- The anointing to perform my responsibilities, rest upon my life, in the Name of Jesus.
- The anointing that makes one prosper amidst one’s enemies, rest upon my life, in the Name of Jesus.
- The anointing that no one can conspire against, rest upon my life, in the Name of Jesus.
- The anointing that draws favour upon a man, O Lord, release it upon my life, in the Name of Jesus.
- The anointing that makes one glitter, O Lord, pour it upon my life, in the Name of Jesus.
- The anointing that makes one become king, O Lord, pour it upon my life, in the Name of Jesus.
- The anointing that distinguishes, O Lord, pour it upon my life, in the Name of Jesus.